I finally finished my Mini Twin

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waltr

I've been working on it off and on,

but after the last 2 weeks off of work, and our pond is now frozen over, The Mini Twin is now done. :)

It's an older RR twin I bought from Mike a while back. Sanded the boat back to raw wood, trashed all of the hardware, including the solid aluminum motor mount. All new CMDI hardware is now installed. Also had to install a center bulkhead to hang the new motor mounts on from CMDI. Installed new carbon boom tubes and sittin inside is a sweet pair of 21 Macs with Andys new headers and a set of Fat pipes. And of course a set of Ferrette bases and OS needles to give me something to chase. Wouldn't build it without them and Andy worked up a set of 1450's hanging off the back to push it. I still have little belts on order, and they actually do fit in there. Also just ordered Delrin for boom tube collars too. Well, almost done....

Now I can't wait for the thaw, but it's going to be a long.... time :(

There's a bunch more pics in my gallery if anyone wants to see

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1043

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the push pull for the throtles. Never thought of that way before. I just pulled my 7.5 twin down off the shelf. Giving it the once over so I can run it at the next fun run. I understand your reasons for putting together a boat that would not be competitive in the twin class. Just because we can. Are you planning on running against the 7.5 singles with it or is it a just for the fun of it?

Mike

I like the push pull for the throtles. Never thought of that way before. I just pulled my 7.5 twin down off the shelf. Giving it the once over so I can run it at the next fun run. I understand your reasons for putting together a boat that would not be competitive in the twin class. Just because we can. Are you planning on running against the 7.5 singles with it or is it a just for the fun of it? Mike

Mike,

I'm not planning on racing it, it's just for fun and just because.

I would run it in D class hydro and fun doing it. What better way than to upset other racers heads than to insert a twin in a race. Good job!

Cowl looks to be a couple pieces of CF tube sliced and mounted onto a plate. Very cool indeed. Walt, I finally got to look at the gallery and am envious about how clean you run the plumbing in the motor well. Very nice!

Cowl looks to be a couple pieces of CF tube sliced and mounted onto a plate. Very cool inseed. Walt, I finally got to look at the gallery and am envious about how clean you run the plumbing in the motor well. Very nice!

Jon,

You are correct, I used a piece of 2" CF tube, and laid up a piece of flat myself to match the weave. Contoured the crown in the 2" to match the hull then bonded them together. I flipped it and cut the inside out than used a bit of fiberglass on the underside to bond for greater strength. It came out pretty good I thought, but it still needs to be cleared.

Thanks for the compliments!!

I like the push pull for the throtles. Never thought of that way before. I just pulled my 7.5 twin down off the shelf. Giving it the once over so I can run it at the next fun run. I understand your reasons for putting together a boat that would not be competitive in the twin class. Just because we can. Are you planning on running against the 7.5 singles with it or is it a just for the fun of it? Mike

Mike,

...... just because nuttin' beats the sound of a twin, large or small. :D

Great job Walt!! B)

Mike,

...... just because nuttin' beats the sound of a twin, large or small. :D

Great job Walt!! B)
that is very cool , any idea on speeds you might see?

terry

That is seriously cool Walt!!!

Im newly hooked on riggers and thats just nuts! ;)

Back