I can not post the word Lynx

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Bourlet

What the heck? I have had this problem before. If I try to post or even send a mesage to a user with the word L--x or Sh---n I get the error below. Did I miss something? Have those boat names been some how banned from IW?

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.intlwaters.com Port 80

Last edited by a moderator:
I`ve had the same problem - thought it was something with my account?????

Mike

It is a very interesting thing isn't it? And it seem's to have been put "in effect" quite awhile ago.

Somebody with all the knobs an switches I suppose,,

L....y.....n....x is/was a well know internet browser.......be hard to believe and I am sure it is not a word that is banned from IW....

Rw

Test:

LYNX

lynx

Only happin's for me with a cap L and lowercase for the rest.........

Weird!

Gene :blink:

Hahaha!!! It must be my super special moderator power!

Or maybe I just got lucky. I have had the problem as well.

~James

Lynx, maybe it's cuz i'm a mopar guy and this is a name for a cheesy mercury car :lol: ? james, don't get the big head, it ain't your "special" (imaginary) powers :lol: :lol: :lol: .

i've seen comments about this before, just had to try. LYNX, Lynx, lynx, SHAMAN, Shaman, & shaman. And i have NO special powers, except f'ing up regular :p .

Its wierd, I just tried to post the word in another post, and it kicked it back, but I can do it here!

Well, I just tried to do it, and it kicked me back.

~James

now we know there's no discernable pattern, who can explain it :blink: ?

Lynx, lynx, LYNX.............

"Lynx.Lynx.Lynx"

If I try to do it wihout the other pucntuation, it comes back with this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.intlwaters.com Port 80

ok james, explain it now :blink: , no other words or puncuation in the last 3 posts-no problem with ---- for me, now........... wouldn't let me post it in this comment just now-WTF?????

Back