hydro & marine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim_johnson

has any one delt with hydro and marine out of germany? i am looking at there 1/8 scale t4. any help would be apperated. thank you

jim

thank you. i was also intersted in quality, is this a good kit? has anybody raced one? and information woeld be apperated. thank you

jim

Hi Jim,

The quality is outstanding for all the H&M boats. The 1/8th scale boats are really close but not quite as close as American 1/8th scales. If your not looking to win concourse with it you can't go wrong, their also very fast hulls.

Paul.

thank you paul, i havent raced scales in 10 years, i'm looking to get back into it, however i dont know all of the places to get them anymore. i thought of thunderboat but the only experence with them was a friend of mine bought a smoking joe's and i thought the hull was very heavy compared to my fritz. i would really like a bud tri-hull is there anybody that you would reconmend, i'm not looking to race it in 07, but deffinetly in 08. thank you

jim

Hi Jim,

I'm really at a loss as to who else might make a twin wing hull. Hopefully one of the other guys here could stear you in the right direction.

Paul.

the h&m twin wing hull is very nice.very well built.i have the 1/10 scale twin wing bud.it has carbon fibor in the bottom of the hull making it very sturdy.i will put some pics of my 1/10 scale twin wing i am making into a sport 40.soon as i get them loaded this evening.mine came in red.it dont need painted very close color.if they dont have the hull they can get it in a week.but when i talked to chris he had them in stock.pics loaded in my gallery

Last edited by a moderator:
would the 1/8 scale be legal in impba?
thank you

jim
The H&M 1/8 Bud T-4 is a legal IMPBA 1/8 hull from all I've seen and they are good quality hulls. I am currently prepping a 1/8 Bud T-4 for paint, my 3rd one (it is not a H&M). However, the H&M 1/10 T-4 is not a legal hull for sport 40 because of the vented deck & rear shoes.

don,

when i get the 1/10 scale completely done its going to be alot of fun to drive.

don,

its going to be fun.i know it not legal i asked u end of last season about it.just need a mac 45 for it. :lol:

also cant tell u how thank full i am on how much u helped me in getting started.

Last edited by a moderator:
on the sport 40 if you took of the off rear shoes and installed a clear plastic in place of the vents, still giving the apperance of the t4, but it wouldn't be open, would that be leagal in sport?

on the sport 40 if you took of the off rear shoes and installed a clear plastic in place of the vents, still giving the apperance of the t4, but it wouldn't be open, would that be leagal in sport?
The plastic, in my opinion, would have to be such that it is not readily removeable (i.e. "falls off" while running) & the shoes would have to come off. You also need to check the air trap width to be sure they're legal also. Sure seems like alot of extra work ......

i think that it would be a lot of extra work, why are the rules for sport more stringent than scale? do the vents give a competive advantage? i thought the shoes were out of the water when on plane. i just would like to run a boat in sport simulary to the scale boat i'm buying. this is a little confusing.

i think that it would be a lot of extra work, why are the rules for sport more stringent than scale? do the vents give a competive advantage? i thought the shoes were out of the water when on plane. i just would like to run a boat in sport simulary to the scale boat i'm buying. this is a little confusing.
Jim the vents can give a distinct advantage over a full deck boat in terms of blowing over, at least if the ram wings are set right. As for the rear shoes I agree that they are generally out of the water when running, just like the real ones. They are there primarily to help get the boat launched & as long as they are not built up to run excessively deep like say a rigger they offer no discernable advantage. Others don't seem to feel that way so rear ride pads or shoes are not allowed in sport 20, 40 or gas sport hydro. :blink:

Since were talking Hydro & Marine stuff

Does anyone have experiance with there Sport 21 Finedesigns part# is 10766

It's the yellow one on there web site 31" x 13.5"

How do they run, compaired to say a Phil Thomas??

Rick Bellinger

i know they are very fast electrics but made for both not sure how with nitro motor but going to find out soon as new macs come out.should be alot of fun.chris told me that they are running them in germany with nitro and having very good results.the only thing with the twin wing chris told me was watch out for blow overs.

don,its going to be fun.i know it not legal i asked u end of last season about it.just need a mac 45 for it. :lol:

also cant tell u how thank full i am on how much u helped me in getting started.
William, you going to bring some of those other boats to Greensboro in May? In particular, the tunnels, miss vegas, .21 rigger, .45 rigger, 1/8 scale, Aeromarine cat (either or both), and one or both of the PT sport 40s. ;)

Latest posts

Back