Huntsville, AL Taylor/John Hall Memorial Race date is set!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking forward to making the trip down to Huntsville tomorrow so I could aggravate some of the guys in person but it is just not going to work out this time.

Someone else will have to do it for me.

Charles

I cranked up the AC, sure hope that HVAC man fixed the lake AC! ;-) Hey it is summer after all it SHOULD be hot. The pits was getting filled by luch time to day so I see some other wanted to come play...

We will make room for more...

Paul

You guys have fun down there. I miss boating my friends not much to do but work in Afghanistan :-(

Julian

It was a hot day in Huntsville, but got some really fast boats. 3 rounds in the books and the Evansville squad is dominating 5 classes and leading 1/8 scale. get ya some!

Awesome race 5 rounds hot as well you know what. Hats off the all the Huntsville GANG big shout out to David I wear all the hats Hall,even with a malfunctioning clock you kept your cool......Lets do it again

Boy was it ever hot in Huntsville over the weekend we did have hot racing as well. Plus hardly any arguments so everyone kept thier tempatures cool. As a long time Huntsville club member I want to extend a special think you to "David does it all Hall" and Mark Bullard they really did a fantanstic job as did the rest of the club members. Kim Grim is another work alholic as is Paul Traufler Kim took over as the pit boss and did a great job and Paul looked like a jumping bean bounding up and down the steps of the drivers stand helping refereeing, retrieve boat pick up and calling for racers. Had a great time except for the extreme heat but everyone survived to come back next year. Thank you to everyone.

Awesome job by David, Mark, Paul, Kim, Bill, John, and the rest of the Huntsville gang!!

Already have this race on the calander for next year. ;) Might have something special for those F Monos in the open class by then.

It was good to see some old friends and meet some new ones.

Special thanks to Brad Shaffer for pitting for me all weekend!!

Thanks everyone!! B)

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a great race. David Hall was the MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Outstanding job. Mark also kept the mechanical parts going including the clock low power supply, retrieve boat and set up on Thurs. The trophies were again outstanding. The race went incredibly well dispite the heat---------101 deg in the shade. Joe Warren had a perfect score in F mono. We were able to keep 4 twins running in the heat with incredible speed . My repaired twin from the Charleston accident did well until it flipped and broke in half at the repair site. So I guess another new twin. Paul Traffler was helping and working in just about every role possible. If there was a need he was there!!!!!!!!!!! Bill Zuber also was outstanding. Can you imagine Bill Retrieving boats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He did and did so frequently. The pit boss, Mrs. Grimm did a great job keeping everyone in line in the pits. John Equi is our resource for all of the material used at the event. Thanks again John.

It was great to have the guys from Wisconson. Mike Crawford [Wood Stuff] and group.

NEXT YEAR YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THE RACE. PUT JUNE ON YOUR SCHEDULE TO COME TO HUNTSVILLE

Thanks to the Huntsville Model Boaters for putting of a Good Event. Yes it was Summer Hot!!! Congrats to Jose Win for the Gene Taylor TWIN Traveling Award!! The ROADRUNNERS were on POND PATROL!!! BEEP BEEP!! Time to Work on the boats during the summer and Prepare for Some more Racing later in the year & carry the Grandkids Camping!! Thanks to all of the other boaters that attended from out of town! The Compettion was Good in Every class........ We did not get to Match Race the 2 top 90 singles vs the 2 Top TWINS... the 90 singles were Broke?? The 2 Top Twins were in the pits waiting for them!

Thanks for all the racers for keeping up with us in this heat to be able to run 5 rounds. And thanks Joe Warren for taking my twin and loaning me a motor and putting it in my boat after the first round for me to be able to run the next rounds. I was so busy with the race that I hardly had time to fuel my two boats. He took my boat and used my carb, head button/shims and cooling cap, place it on one of his motors and then put it in my boat. I ran the next round and did not even have to change the needle.

All us twin drivers in District 5 share a lot of information and I must say that the twins in District 5 are some of the fastest twins in the world. And when you have twins running like that it make for a good race.

Thanks again for everyone that came and hope to see you next year.

I get to hold the big trophy for one more year in honor of Gene Taylor and John Hall. Racing was great in all categories. As hot as it was, it was apparent to me that air quality held OK. I never saw, or heard racers struggling with air quality and needle setting. It was nice to see tunnel hulls, Scale boats, Sport 40s, Thunder Boats, and all other Nitro and Gas categories racing in Huntsville again. The Huntsville crew did a great job. Congratulations to David, Mark, Doc, Kim, Paul, John, Bill, Jon and if I forget anybody please forgive me. Last but not least I must say thanks to Ralph Almirola for building me a great twin hydro, Barry Petrowski for calling the race, and Joe Warren for pointing me in the right direction when I was struggling trying to trim my boat.

Margarita man JOSE

Check Junes Roostertail when it gets posted for an article and pictures. That traveling twin torphy is almost enough to make me want to run a twin. :eek:

Latest posts

Back