Hull Identification

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck20x

Can anyone help identify this hull? I just recently picked it up and haven’t seen one quite like it. It measures right under 36 inches long. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

3E075D63-4B38-4C3B-85BF-3BC4EFEFB139.jpeg

5E787106-39D2-4A51-8E8F-D10C784009F9.jpeg

D9AB3093-436C-462C-9E10-CC53AFED97F5.jpeg

D771069D-CABD-43CF-B14C-823C86BC7357.jpeg

F5A4B3EA-3203-437B-AD1C-45FB479E2793.jpeg

F7CF0BF4-7A64-4F73-A52C-E786BFA243D0.jpeg

Chuck,

That looks like an HTB 360 hull for sure. Looks like an early edition similiar to mine that was an almost direct LeeCraft bottom copy. Its not an HTB cowling and looks to me like someone was simply trying to create their own look.

Last edited by a moderator:
This Hull was built by Herb Stewart down here in Fl. He called it the Stealth. He built a 20 size and a 40 size. I dont know where he came up with the design tho. Herb has since passed away.Hope that ansewers your question

Thanks for the replies. John, do you know if this was a competitive hull or not? Just wondering if its comparable to an HTB or a Leecraft.

Chuck,

The bottom of that hull is an exact duplicate of my early production HTB. The early HTB hulls incorporated the same bottoms as the LeeCraft 460, with the addition of additional beam and the wide additional ride pad on the bottom of the left fork, to help keep the left side of the hull lifted in the turns. Herb was obviously utilizing the success of this style of bottom, and incorporating some of his own changes on the top deck and cowling. If the hull is true with no warpage, it should be a very competitive hull "out of the gates" with a strong engine. Looks like someone has already blueprinted the hull for you. If you decide to rig the hull and need any help, let this thread know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its definitely a Herb Stewart hull, they had some porpoising issues, which I think was caused by the shorter front deck area. I ran a 20 size for a while, its a good hull. Not great, but there are worse 'designs' out there.

Run it.

~ James

Thanks for all of the information guys. I am also building a Blown Gas Runner bottom to go drag boat racing. We recently had a bunch of the parts anodized and threw in some of the aluminum parts from the RC boat. It's coming out really nice. I am actually thinking of selling this boat. I really want to build a 3.5 size FE tunnel. Had Nitro tunnels in the past and would like to try the electric route.

photo 3.JPG

photo 2.JPG

Back