How much do you travel?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark and I travel a LOT to race boats. I travel 1.5 hours one way to test boats. Travelling has always been a part or Model Boat Racing. When I started racing boats 30 years ago we had to travel to Dallas, New Orleans, Atlanta, Memphis and Indy to race boats. That was when one raced usually only one class.I think the traveling is one of the enjoyable parts of racing. You get know a lot of folks and learn a lot about how different individuals do various things to and on their boats. I always learn something when I travel to a race. If you stay only at your pond or even stay in your district, you will never improve as a racer. Gary
The closest races to me are 1 1/5 hr drive. I have traveled to Saratoa, Fl. to race in the Thanksgiving races, and over to Dallas , Tx. to Michigian, S.C. Ga. Indy, and a few other places I don't remember, This year has been sparce racing because my wife and I took in her 87 year old Aunt and she does not travel well. We will be going to Fl. to live in the winter sun,for 6 months, and will race there all that I can. I like to race and best of all I like the people who I race with, cannot remember a race I did not like.or a person who I did not like, not saying I liked all the decisions, BUT ....... :rolleyes:

Walt Barney

Back