How Many Boats?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2002 - 20 Seaducer SD3- Mac 21

2001 - RC Marine Sport40 - Picco Blackhead

2001 - 45 Crapshooter - Picco Blackhead

2000 - 45 Microburst - Picco Blackhead

Greetings all;

A current inventory. (Monopolizing my basement)

Custom built 33" stealth triangle mono - OS.46 - 40mph

Dumas DV60 fiberglass- Webra .61 - 40mph

Dumas DV40 fiberglass- OPS.60 blown/fixed 55mph- running on temp MDS.60 47mph

Custom built 32' semi-scale PT/Recovery boat - remote electric start nitro .16 - squirts scalding water 15 ft :eek: -15mph

Custom built 29" airboat - Fox.40 airscrew - 30mph (dangerous)

*Custom built 21" airboat - K&B.42 airscrew - ***

?? enterprises 21" plastic hull - OS.25 - 30mph

Prather 21DV - OS.46 - 40mph

Custom built 38" fiberglass Deep V - Homelite gas (sucks) - 30mph (Converting to Nitro for next spring) 8)

*Dumas Miller hydro 42" - OPS.90 - 1/2 done (started 2 years ago, and then lost interest 'til recently) - should be quick

Custom built = me (I think I love building them more than running them sometimes)

Every couple of years...some get added...some get sold....

*not operational

All speeds over 40mph are estimates since the boat we we chase them from cannot go any faster.

I am going to thin out the fleet over winter...watch for 'em on e-bay.

(all trade inquiries are welcome)

See you at the lake

jeez!

and i was thinkin' that i wasn't a newbie now that im on my THIRD!!! :eek: hey guys, recognize alot from rczone, but new here....... great forum wish someone had tipped me off sooner :D

hey Grimracer, how long u been doing this?? looks like u could run a big race, complete with all classes, by urself!! ;D ;D

hay laxmaster.... glad to have you join..... what is you fav class?

most people know i am a rigger man.... but i have been known to run a tunnel or 2

I'm Very new!

lil swamp buggy-cox .049 since i was about 16 RTR

Dumas Dragon Fly 60-K&B 11. ran 3 times.

i have custom plans for a 30" deep vee.

not much, but just getting started.

hey tom, thanx for the greeting. :)

about the class...hhrrrmm : :) .. i actually havent raced NAMBA or IMPBA yet, cuz i live in Richmond, VA and the closest stuff is [i think] N. Carolina or new jersey.....however i do race a couple of little elec. riggers, cats and monos w/ some friends around town.... i think most of them would be considered N1 [roar motors, 6 cells]

but we've got a couple 'riggers that run on twelve.... ;D

im also working on my first nitro, Jay Turner's xs cat that im modifying and putting a k&B .18 in......i got the idea from PJ's 23" rigger.......the result should be interesting and i will probably race "big time" with it. :D

sounds like fun lax..... i like the smaller boats as well..... different strokes for different folks..... right hammerhead (90)! ;D

Hey! Anyone wanna go over a hundred with a little less than $20 dollars of expenses. Build a balsa rigger, with balsa dowel sponson booms, no rear sponsons no radio, no rudder or strut. Don't even bother to seal it. Use 4 tiolet paper tubes and slap for Estes D cell engines in them. put the fuses in series and set it of with a 9volt battery. You will only get one chance, so make it work the first time.

Don't do this in front of curious children, it wouldn't be setting a very good example.

Hammer

I can't believe the stuff that comes out of Japan, It must be something in the water your drinking.

-Mike

rocket engines hammer??

funny u should mention it.....a fellow club member has been trying to stick them on a Yellow Jacket elec. rigger...so far he's only lugged them around the pond for the duration of the race[he was trying to use them as boosters], and swore at his controller the whole time ;D ;D

maybe somebody'll figure out something, and there'll be a new class: modified rocket!!!!

I'm just making fun you guys. I don't know what it is, but it seems like everybody is obsessed with breaking that 100mph barrier. It just takes so much time and money that it doesn't seem like it is worth the effort just to go zipping along in a straight line. So, I figure if you're gonna do it, do it cheap and only once. I think 20 bucks for a one shot deal isn't a bad idea if you want to be a member of the 100mph club.

By the way, I have a 2000 dollar water processing unit built into my house, so it ain't the water. Must be the Japanese beer that I drink.

Hammer

amen and well-said. to me, the fun of driving an rc boat is the combination of speed and manuverability used to race, not just hammering the throttle and watching the boat max out in a straight line...........then again, strapping rockets to a boat would liven things up a little if someone could figure out how to get them to work............

Latest posts

Back