How bad have YOU got it?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Olson

I saw a posting on another site that was about our addiction to R/C but theirs was about planes and I thought of mine (ours) with boats. I thought of a list of things that were modified from theirs and a few of my own, so here goes. You may be a R/Cboating addict if:

..you have more hulls and boats parts than the local Hobby Shops.

..your fingers have scars from sharpening and changing props.

..your AOL favorites areall R/C boating sites.

..your reciepts "mysteriously" disappear on the way home from the Hobby Shop so that you wife doesn't know how much you really spent!

..you have the local Hobby Shops and Gary Preusse's phone number memorized but can't remember your wifes Birthday.

..winter is considered Building Season.

..you have to look in the bathroom for an article in R/CBM.

..the wife has to remind you that the top of the washer and dryer are not workbenches.

..you change your glow plugs after every heat, but your truck has 70,000 miles on the original plugs.

..you go shopping for a new vehicle and all that you are worried about is how many boats and tool boxes it can hold.

..your vacations are planned around District races and the Internats.

..you call in sick because the Big Brown Truck has just delivered your new boat.

..most of your shoes have shrunk or smell funny after going in the water to retrieve your boat.

..your leaf blower and weed whacker don't work because you needed some parts for the boat.

..just about every shirt that you own has castor oil stains on them.

..you only go to picnics and family reunions if they hold them at a lake.

well i qualify for 8 of thoes...

by the way gary's number without looking... 630 279-2451

i would have to look up al's hobby though

Tom!

You got me on about half those items on your list. I'm thinking of a new vehicle in about year. Yes, it has to be big enough to haul the boat stuff! I don't need Als phone number, I get my info from Cindy by email. I would do the same with Gary if he would get a computer!

Later!

Ed Radz

I resemble those remarks :p

Just dont tell the wife about the reciepts, Its still workin here :eek:

Gene ;D

how about:

if you have been thrown in the lake.

your wife complains about rc boating parts lying around the house

you skip work to run your boat on a beautifull spring day (more for us cold climate people)

or how about you and your friend have code words on how the lake looks. Ex- Good morring, lovely day for a nice walk. what he really saying is the lake is flat, meet you at the lake in two houres bring the Riggers.

If our wifes only knew. Oh boy!

Ruben

Here you go, I brought this back up from way back in the Forum area for the newer members in here.

Heheheh i qualify for just about all of them,

i have 7 hulls sitting at home at the moment!! some need work some dont,

im getting good at hiding the reciepts as well!!!

my only thing about the new car is it has to be able to tow the trailer!!

howabout getting told off by a teacher 'cuz you told her that the reason your writing was sloppy on the last paper is because you glued your fingers together putting together a wood hull?? ;D ;D

joe

Latest posts

Back