How about a 180 (30cc) glow motor?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Inverarity

Supporting Member
The rules of the AMPBA (Australia) provide for X class motors up to 30cc. As far as I know NAMBA has 30cc for X class and IMPBA has 30cc for F class.

With the one notable exception which I own, nobody makes a 30cc marine racing nitro motor. Wouldn't it be nice if manufacturers like CMB etc did a 30cc motor?

Andy Brown seems to be pretty flexible on getting motors made, maybe he would be interested in making a Mac 180! Would anyone else be interested in a SERIOUS motor for the X class???!! Someting that would put those gas guys in their place! :p (whoops, I am a gas guy!)

Ian.

That would be sweet!!

single cylinder would be nice and simple!! imagine the fuel bill!!

A serious single cylender glow motor bigger than a 1 cube is something I've been wondering about for a while. a MAC180, K180 etc pleeeeaaaaase build it for us.......

Ian

There are a coupel of twin cilinder 30cc out there outher than the A180

CMB have made a side by side twin but not for production and there is a inline twin made by MHZ in Germeny.

CHD Racing Paul

Ozzy,

I wasn't counting those other engines. But as you say the CMB is not a production motor, and is really just 2 90's geared together anyway, not a true 30cc motor. I had forgotten about the MHZ, but it looks pretty heavy, and I guess it would not be cheap. I was referring to 30cc single cylinders to keep the whole idea economic.

Hey Craig,

Talk to the factory about a single cylinder A180-HP! 8)

Ian.

that'd be cool, imagine what would happen if someone tried to sell one as an "excellent weedeater motor" and it was bought and put to use trimming weeds ;D ;D

[ "what the f----!! honey, the new weedeater just cut a large hole in the side of the house, all i did was move it a little closer to get at the really stubborn weeds..... :- "

no really,

i like the idea of shutting the gas guys' whining about big boats not being able to keep the >100 trend going.....jeez, i bet a nice 30cc nitro and a lot of hard work could break 150mph in it's first week of running!!

Joe

Hey hey hey!

This thread is not about slamming the gas guys! I am one, remmember! ;D It is the growth area of the sport currently anyway! They do plenty of slamming of the nitro guys, (see Jim's boat dock) there is no need for any of that here!!!! :(

GRand

The OS is 35cc? so too big. That looks like a nice bit of work on the conversion tho. Also the OS BGX1 is a low performance aircraft motor, so does not have the correct layout.

Tim,

If we are getting specific about layout, yeah no rings. Rear carb, front exhaust. ABC piston/ liner set. Steel rod. Crowded needle roller bottom end (and top end!). No gudgeon pin circlips (A-90 style). Double sided crank like A-90 or CMB Evo, or long well supported single sided crank like K-90. Disc induction like A-90, or maybe ballraced drum like K-90. OS style carb! Anything else on the wish list? How about porting and bore/stroke like a Novarossi 21! :p

Ian.

Tim,

If we are getting specific about layout, yeah no rings. Rear carb, front exhaust. ABC piston/ liner set. Steel rod. Crowded needle roller bottom end (and top end!). No gudgeon pin circlips (A-90 style). Double sided crank like A-90 or CMB Evo, or long well supported single sided crank like K-90. Disc induction like A-90, or maybe ballraced drum like K-90. OS style carb! Anything else on the wish list? How about porting and bore/stroke like a Novarossi 21! :p

Ian.
Yeah but it bombed out!

I would like to see a drum valve - a really big one supported by bearings, a 1 piece crank that won't run - out like the CMB's, but with a good crankpin so that it doesn't shear off like a Picco. I'd also like to see a titanium rod with needles top and bottom, a billet piston with large pin bosses and a large gudgeon with teflon retainers.

Lots of head retaining screws - say 12, and a head with plug body cooling passages close to the plug threads. The bore and stroke ratio would be interesting, Having a large capacity the bore size and the relationship of the plug to combustion chamber size would be tricky. I do not like multi -plug heads but it might be needed for a motor of that size.

I have for sale the Precision in perfection A-180V. They are V-in-line 90's, come w/remote needle, two headers, springs, motor mount and two muffled pipes. $950 US Dollars.

I have pictures for serious buyers.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19166&item=3107723734&rd=1

Ian,

Oh well, im over it!! lol,

RCboats2,

i have parts for one of them sitting at my place waiting for a mate to fix them, if they dont inprove the motors i wont by one!

Dale

Back