HORNET 40 FE TUNNEL HULL Videos

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
Well, I finally took some crappy videos of my Carl Van Horton 40 size FE tunnel boat. This boat uses:

Medusa 36-70-2000kv motor

Turnigy 180a Marine ESC

Lawless 7.5 lower unit

Kris Flyn custom length flex cables (Thanks Kris!)

645mg steering servo

Zippy 5000 4s2p 30c packs

Video is shown with an M445 balanced prop

Little bit of porpose, but very very minor. The hull has not been touched, straight out of the mold, and prop has only been balanced, so there is a lot more potentional with this boat. It does not blow off, very stable at the current speeds and it begs for more power!

I took the videos myself while driving..and I thought drunk driving was dangerous! lol

Some old pics before the hull was completed:

IMGP0020Large.jpg

IMGP0059Large.jpg

IMGP0019Large.jpg

IMGP0535.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW... how did you take the video?!

Talking about a strip of water man! I have seen puddles in my yard larger then that, LOL

This is a seriously beautiful hull, you did a great job finishing it, congrats.

Also, it took some big "brass marbles" to cut up that lower leg man, I am not sure I could have done it...

How were the temps with the 45mm prop? Can you throw some bigger wheels at it?

The pond is not to terrible..just doesnt have the width at the one end. Its fun, and its a mile from my house, so I cannot complain. There are plenty of rivers and sounds close by too.

Temps on the motor and esc were cool to the touch honestly. I can put a bigger prop for sure, Im just not sure what the next safe size up would be from an M445 as I have never used one. bigger except on my old 11cc outboard stuff. I would really like to upgrade to a hydra 240 and throw my 80mm medusa on it to see how it does. It seems like more power would not hurt a thing! As far as the lower leg being cut..I guess its just money..not that I have any, but what he hell, might as well go for it. Im just having fun trying out all these FE tunnels, they are worth the effort I think.

Nitro guys may hate to hear it, but brushless IS the future, not nitro. Fuel costs keep rising. I spend more time with a boat in the pond with FE than I ever did with Nitro. I can run two packs out in the time it use to take me just to drag a bunch of crap to the pond side to start a nitro engine!

As my RC core truck friend said, "Mike, The only difference between brushless and nitro, is the noise!" He is right, but he did forgot the addition of brushless torque too! Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Back