• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Van Houten Hornet Tunnel Hull- FE converted, Excellent quality and condition

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
Well, I have the itch to do a P-spec tunnel for Charleston, so I'm gonna need some money to build one. My trusty 34" Van Houten Hornet tunnel, unfortunately, is up for sale do to my addiction! I have taken multiple pictures to show what you are getting, and the mint condition, and quality of this boat. Its 34" in length, is a proven hull, and runs great as an FE hull. I was running a very mild 4s2p setup on 2000kv Medusa, and "cruised" around about 45-50mph. The boat has NEVER blown off on me, and shows no sights of reaching its limits. I feel this boat could do 60+ with 6s2p setup..and the radio box has enough room to pull that off. The hull is just so stable at its current speeds. Here is a video when I had a small 36-70-2000kv medusa..a very small motor for a hull of this size.

I am asking $275 plus exact shipping via fedex. MAKE OFFER! I would also consider a UL-1 motor, esc, or OS Lower unit towards a trade, but they need to be new or mint. The radio box that is installed is a carbon fiber and thin ply combination, and looks great. The steering rods are included. No electronics or motor or lower unit are included. I put two pics at the bottom showing the boat fully set up..none of those electronics are included. This hull can be modified back to a Nitro hull if someone needs to do so. Just needs the rear of the radio box removed, and some cleanup to be converted back. I have a lawless 7.5 lower, and high jack mount that could be offered to the buyer at an additional cost. It would be the same lower and mount in the last two pics. Please post your interest, or "dibs" here, and THEN PM me..but always post dibs here first for no confusion. Thanks, and please just ask questions if you have them. I am more than willing to help someone set up this boat, as I know it is the real deal! Mike

IMGP1100.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a couple better pic of the side of the radio box. They were taken right when I was building the hull. Mike

IMGP0059Large.jpg

IMGP0018Large.jpg

$250 shipped???? this is a $400 hull, that wins races in nitro or fe form, and can be converted back to nitro! Mike

Got someone on the list for possible dibs. Awaiting his reply. Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back