homemade watercooling?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finne

are there any simple ways to convert an engine from aircooling to watercooling?

I have two engines that are in need of a litle modding.

One small nitro engine and one rather big chainsaw engine. From what I ca see none of them have watercooled cylinderheads available as spare parts :p

any ideas?

Your best bet is to find some one in you area that can make you one.. There always some one in the club that know how to run a lathe....Where do you run at..

What is the small one? There are some water-cooled heads that can be placed on some.

As far as a chainsaw engine goes, most run in the reverse rotation that is needed so usually they aren't a good choice for boats.

Well, thankyou for the offer, but I live in sweden.

And belive it or not, I live in a coastal town with NO boat club, so I basicaly run alone trying to get some of my friends to catch on to the hobby.

So I think I will have to try the modifications myself.

The chainsaw engine was free and is quite powerfull (johnsered ~50cc afaik) so I will try to make something out of it anyway. Nothing a gearbox won't fix. :)

The nitro engine is This one. Not the most suitable for a boat, i know, but it was cheap aswell :rolleyes:

Getting a bit further with takeing the chainsaw apart, I noticed thet the shaft goes straight through, so there probably won't be any problem with the rotation of the prop.

I have a few ideas about how I could make the watercooling, but I need to know. How hot does it get? will a sealant resistant to 575fahrenheit (300celcius) be enough?

Preston_Hall said:
You could just leave them air cooled.
The sealant should be OK.

112102[/snapback]

I could. But that won't be as fun now will it? :D

But now I know what to do. thankyou.

Back