HobbyHeatTreating.com

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomCC

I sent 2 sets of ABC 2818/2 props for my Gas Twin Rigger over to Norm and Marty for heat treating. This is money well spent. I noticed that my rigger accelerated better and carried speed through the corners better and was turning the fastest lap times (unofficial 6 lap oval 67 sec/11:17's) ever. In the past after running untreated props my rigger would loose speed from the props loosing some pitch due to the punishment these twins inflict on them. After having them treated I don't think I will have this problem anymore. Thanks guys for the great, fast service you provided.

Here is a video that Tim Martin took at the 2011 VooDoo Gas World Championships this past weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdWsOSgV03k

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone who sent props in this past week, your props will go out this Monday. PERFECT weather to run the heat treat furnace in the shop. :)

Wayne, I am glad we could help, looks like you are going FAST! :)

Thanks

Norm Doerr

Stronger, yet more Brittle ?
Yes , the yield strength is DRAMATICALLY increased but the malleability of the metal is decreased . You can make some minor adjustments but they need to be annealed to be worked and then re-hardened . I will be sending some twin props over to Norm and Marty soon .They are only a few miles from me !

Stronger, yet more Brittle ?
Yes , the yield strength is DRAMATICALLY increased but the malleability of the metal is decreased . You can make some minor adjustments but they need to be annealed to be worked and then re-hardened . I will be sending some twin props over to Norm and Marty soon .They are only a few miles from me !
Just stuff them in my mail box on the way down to the shop. :)

Back