Hobart Registration?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Registration closed last Friday when they hit 285 entries by noon. You guys didn't get your entries in yet? Oh no :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ron, I bet I know what 20 boat you're bringing back.

I can't wait until next year either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Registration closed last Friday when they hit 285 entries by noon. You guys didn't get your entries in yet? Oh no :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ron, I bet I know what 20 boat you're bringing back.

I can't wait until next year either.
Walt,

You talk'n bout my scratch built PHM racing .21 bullet? LOL Sorry, that wasn't all that funny, was it?

RJ

We are working on the flyer, but it's alittle early to start taking entries. The race will return to it's normal dates of the weekend after Labor day. And we are looking at maybe making it a 4 day race to accomadate all the entries, but that will be decided much later.

We are working on the flyer, but it's alittle early to start taking entries. The race will return to it's normal dates of the weekend after Labor day. And we are looking at maybe making it a 4 day race to accomadate all the entries, but that will be decided much later.
Bruce

After attending this year’s event one of the things I noticed was the lack of families attending, due to Friday being a school day. I know for some it was hard enough getting off work to come, then to pull your kids out of school for a boat race made it impossible, especially with this being a D-14 point’s race. May I suggest that you either not make this a D-14 points race, or if you do make it a four day event, running Hydros and Monos only on Thursday and Friday then running all other classes on Saturday and Sunday.

DonB

What does every one think would be good?

No dist points would be ok with me

3 days would be my choice, but I would like to see at least 4 rounds for sure.

Nice to have the course moved to the right,

Set up the drivers stand so it has the steps on the left, nearer the launch dock.

Less classes of boats, limit to two-three heats per round per class,

Shoot out format where first heat is random and then top point boats race together,

Top six from previous year have spot for next race.

Keep the intrest going with good prize list again.

Cool race, keep the top racers comming in for the great racing that we saw and it will stay that way for years.

These are just ideas. Let the club think on it for while and we will see what happens for next time.

I cant wait to hear about the next one too.

Four days would be cool to me, hopefully the same week as this years.

How about trying for the "A" hydro class next year. Count me in if you do hold it. I saw a lot of other "A" hydro owners there this year that would more than likely want to race theirs.

look at it this way guys.. this race is already bigger than the internats.. so even if it was 4 days. that is over a week shorter than the nats and ALOT more people attend.

should be fun next yr and will be prepaired this time

chris

look at it this way guys.. this race is already bigger than the internats.. so even if it was 4 days. that is over a week shorter than the nats and ALOT more people attend.

should be fun next yr and will be prepaired this time

chris
3 days 4 dyas a week or a month LETS GO TO HOBART

Four days would be cool to me, hopefully the same week as this years.

How about trying for the "A" hydro class next year. Count me in if you do hold it. I saw a lot of other "A" hydro owners there this year that would more than likely want to race theirs.
They need to cut classes, not add them....Do all the hydro classes, the sport classes, 1/8, B Tunnel, Open Mono and ONE Gas Class. Thats just my opinion....To many **** classes has hurt the racing, especially the hydro classes here in Dist. 4. Id rather have 10 very strong classes rather than 15 decent classes....

Larry Gempp Jr.

Larry, I've got to agree with you in a way. No mono's should be allowed to race, after all, it is the HYDRO Master's, not the Mono Master's. It would be great to see a mono only event along the same lines as this.

The races stopped too early in the day. It wasn't the Indy MBC's fault but where the sun sat made it hard for the drivers to see their boats. There's nothing that can be done about that, even with those wearing sunglasses had problems seeing.

Whatever is done will be up to the powers that be, after all it's their race. They may have allowed some mono's to run to show the locals the variety of classes that we have.

Larry, I've got to agree with you in a way. No mono's should be allowed to race, after all, it is the HYDRO Master's, not the Mono Master's. It would be great to see a mono only event along the same lines as this.

The races stopped too early in the day. It wasn't the Indy MBC's fault but where the sun sat made it hard for the drivers to see their boats. There's nothing that can be done about that, even with those wearing sunglasses had problems seeing.

Whatever is done will be up to the powers that be, after all it's their race. They may have allowed some mono's to run to show the locals the variety of classes that we have.

Ron,

The Hobart race was called the Indy Masters, not the Hydro Masters.

Ron,

As Walt has already pointed out, it was "The Masters". In years gone by, there was the Hydro Masters ans the Outboard Masters. About seven or eight years ago, they combined them both into what is now "The Masters". They retained the shootout format, but started including any class that had at least three entrants, and made it a jacket class if there were six entrants. The only thing I would do for next year is to raise the minimum entrants per class to eight, which would make for at least two heats of four per class. I would stick with the standard race format for all heats except the last one, which I wold use the shootout format for, meaning if you are not in the hunt for at least third place, you do not run in the last round. Other than that..........

Fire 'em up and throw 'em out. Let's RACE!

Put me in for Me,Myself and I, thats 3 entry's, and just for myself, !!, I want Scale, gas Hydro, and T-Boat
wink.gif

I like alot of Phils ideas, ecspecially moving the course a little bit, but I dont agree with one gas class. Just make the class minimum a little higher so that time is not wasted with a class that has only 3 or 4 boats. As far as making the race a four day event, I can see the reason for it, but I believe it could hurt attendance a little bit for people who cant get away from work or in my case school that long. I agree though, it was definently a great race! B)

Just to help clear up some of the rules for next year, we will be following the trend of D-2 and only allowing the stock Zen motor in the Classic T-Boat class for the 2010 Masters.

Latest posts

Back