HHHEEEEEEELLP Scale guys

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lay26

Supporting Member
I'm looking for jet pilot figures for my new scale, it has a clear winshield so i need a driver, also does anyone make allison engine kits for sport 21 round nose boats, I have on that i made look like the U -4 TEMPEST,and need one before i attempt to make one. also any ideas on how to hold down the nose on a scale boat? what do you use to keep the nose of the cowl from poping up?

To keep the nose down you can use the kitchen cabinet latches sold at hardware stores. They are "U" shaped and lock together great. Cost about $2.00. I use a Bob Violet part he makes for r/c airplanes. It kinda looks like a minature "Deadbolt" it's so small it looks like a "Barbie" dollhouse part. LOL :lol: It's spring loaded so when you push it back it unlocks it, when you let it go it pops back into place. I love it.

Maybe surf the electric links for a sport .20 engine cover. I've seen them before, where?? I'm to old to remember.... :lol:

Hey Roy, explain to him that cool latch you and Peter make for your boats!

We made some slide pin latches for our scales and sports...two pins hold the front of the cowl on to the front and the slide pin holds the cowl to the back...Verry eazy to put your cowl on or to take off...

I have made a few of those pin latches also. Very easy to do. Not much money either. You need one spring. 1" long by about 1/8". You say to your self "Were am I going to get a spring like that". You probably already own one. Your everyday ordinary push pen. Take apart and you will find a spring inside. Now you need a piece of piano wire and a wheel collar the same size as the piano wire. You will also need a set of 1/8 landing gear straps. All the parts except the spring can be got at your local hobby store.

To build you will need to bend the wire into an L shape. It can be as long as you like. the short end will need to be able to stick up through you cowl so that you can push it back to release the latch. Ah hell, to hard to explain. A picture is better. I did not use the land gear straps in these shots, but you get the idea. This is a cowl off my P51.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Back