Hey Tim D./ TT questions....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slideblues

Hey Man,

My Email server is bouncin messages today fer some strange reason,

Dont know how long it will take my ISP to get things straight.

Gene ;D

It is also bouncing mine when I use Tim's address listed on his profile.

Billy R.

Guy's,

seems there is something wrong with my personal email address. : :)

Please use the other one I emailed you both with.

Tim.

He,He, are we havin fun yet!!!!!!!

Shazzzammmm....... :eek:

Tim,

Mine is still not receiving so I will check in later,

Gene ;D

WHAT HAPPEND TO TT/ QUESTION GUYS??

??? ???

BOY I'M FULL OF IT TONIGHT !

:p :-[ :-X :-[ :p

Hey TIM,

Do you use a car header or a special made one ? When you cut the muffler housing do you cut it all the way to the enter lip that followes the screw bosses around the inner flex housing ???{ if you look at it , the two housings are sepparated } for us dummies.

Waterbug,

Yes, I used a car header witha retaining spring around the crankcase. The Novarossi one is the best I've found.

When I cut the muffler housing off I cut as close to the gear housing as possible and then grind it flush with the housing. I cut down as far as the cav. plate and grind it flush too. I try and leave a slight radius where the vertical cut meets the horizontal so there is no loss in strength. If I had a camera I could get some pic's > :( Someone broke it > :(

Tim.

Allakazam!!!!

ttp1.jpg

THANKS GUYS,

From the parts breakdown it looked kind of close at the top around the exhaust port and the case!!! I take it that you are using the Gadget pipe? You said you were winning with it ?? Removing the exhaust brings the weight close to K & B, and the rest ??

The reason I'm so interested is I haven't bought a engine yet for my WOF 27!! Don't want TopFuel to run over me at the pond !!! I'll be running stock they are running mod. !!! BUT NOT FOR LONG !!!

Hey Waterbug,

Yes, I was running the Gadjet Craft pipe on it. It worked very well on the TT. I won our nationals with it. I also came second against inboard tunnels with it at a state titles once!

I'd be a little worried about putting a geared/ modded / piped motor on a 27 inch hull - too small for it. Mine would torque roll in a straight line with a X642 - trust me - been there done that - it was a bear to drive. On the same hull with a direct drive (my Nova) it was a different boat -much easier to drive, but still too small for over 50mph.

I no longer own my TT - I sold it and bought a Novarossi / Lawless from Tunnelbill.

Also, I Don't make the pipe's but I know the guy that does. They do work well and that is why I put one on my Nova. ;D

TD,

The only other plans are the WOF 3.5 , 29 1/4 x 11 3/8 right now. Until Jerry gets the 28/30's done, as you know. Since it's my first I might build 27 and put a stock engine for now. I think that would be best?? I just don't know, my back is agains't the wall . It's time to rumble here!! I'v got about 50 days or so, at the very most!!!

Waterbug,

A Mildy modded TT on a 27 inch hull would be fine - just don't bother fitting a pipe to it.

A friend of mine has a modded TT with no pipe on a 27 and it runs 47mph! It was easier than mine to drive too! The other bonus is it is very quiet.

Tim.

Back