Hey everyone!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogue

Hi guys,

Im really new to this RC Boat world, I live in Australia and it doesnt seem to be as big here. I cant find websites and variety is hard to get.

It started off I bought an eBay junker for $50 and had so much fun I wanted "a real" engine, so I got the CEN Aqua Jet.

It has been so much fun and is alot quicker than my first boat, Ive done some mods already, the tuned pipe and soon the trim plates and a few more in mind.

I just wanted to get on here post some pictures and see other peoples opinons on my boat with maybe a few helpful pointers, maybe some of you have this boat as well?

The plan is to use this for a while get good with it and then get something with a little more size, speed and handling to it, I have in mind a cat hull.

Just wanted to say hi and if you guys like (I know its not hand built) but ill post some pics of my setup.

Cyas round :)

Hey Rogue...Welcome to the wonderful world of RC boating. I think you are in for a real treat. It can be a blast and it can be frustrating at times. You are definitely in the right place though. Do yourself a favor and read all of the posts on this site. You will learn a ton of stuff and what you do not find, just ask. I did it the opposite way and felt like a fool. Just about everything I asked about had been hashed over numerous times before. Just remember....have fun!

Hi rogue

This forum has many ozzies on board but most of them are in Yarawonga this weekend racing at the Battle of the borders.

Go to www.ampba.asn.au and there is a complete list of the oz clubs, calanders and the ampba forum.

Regards

Dave

I had a Grey Thunder and have had a little experience with the Aqua Jet. They really respond well to a better prop like an Octura X-637, X-438 or X-440 two blade.

If you want more run time, a Sullivan SS-4 tank fits right where the factory tank sits.

I turned the head 90 degrees as I didn't like the water intake line over the carb.

Hey Rogue where abouts in oz are you ? there are plenty of guys from all states to help you out

not to mention all the valuable info you will pick up on here from the guys o/s

Andrew

Hey thanks for the welcome guys :D

Thanks for all the info too, I'll try read read the posts before asking and see what I find in there, knowledge is power so I believe.

Hehehe, Dave I dont even know where Yarawonga is! But by the sound of it its a BIG race.

I tried that site but from what I found the NSW club isnt online anymore :( wouldve been very handy, odd though since its the NSW club, and NSW is huge???

Thanks Ron I really appreciate the info there I'll look into those very soon, especially the tank, I think that might mean less swimming for a while hehe.

I live in the ACT and there are races every third Saturday from the NSW clubs but I got my wires crossed for the last one and turned up on Sunday!! I was waiting two weeks for that :(

Well time for me to go and play.

Thanks again, cya next time.

The MBCofNSW club is alive and well, but we lost our webmaster and no-one has stepped up to fill the void.

Our Calendar is listed on the International regatta centre's (our venue) website under events link

The guys in the ACT run in Lake Tuggeranong. Don't have any dates for them unfortunately - but it's usually listed in "The Canberra Times" with a contact number.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Rouge

I've just picked up a CEN Grey Thunder. I went with the electric option tho and its only got the 550 motor on 6 cells.

I'll be upgrading it to a 700 on 12 cells sometime soon.

I've just been playing around in a small pond at Jerrabombra. On Sundays my oldest son plays basketball at Tuggers so I might throw it in the lake down there for a spin before his game.

Where abouts to you run yours?

Back