Help with Circus-Circus build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hay Bob, I'm just south of you in Aurora.

john

Foolwitools said:
Hi Guys!
I found some info and pictures of the real '82 Atlas Van Lines (www.Thunderboats.org). This has renewed my interest in this project.

Lots of good pics of older hydros. Didn,t know there was a U-Hydro Museum.

Paul P.  Hey! we're neighbors!! You are one of 2 boaters I know of within 30 miles of me ( I'm in elgin). Got lots of friends in and around Antioch. spent some time at the Limeric Lounge  and many summer  thursdays on the Chain at Blarney Island watching the drag boat races. Anyhow.............

C'ya

Bob the Fool :blink:

70709[/snapback]

Hello Bob,

If you think you found some good pics wait till you see this, http://82atlas.com/

Paul P. Hey! we're neighbors!! You are one of 2 boaters I know of within 30 miles of me ( I'm in elgin). Got lots of friends in and around Antioch. spent some time at the Limeric Lounge and many summer thursdays on the Chain at Blarney Island watching the drag boat races. Anyhow.............
LOL, I live on the Chain! Actually I live on a peninsula between a main channel on one side and a lake on the other. Can you say flood zone. :rolleyes:

Paul.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't use any of the kits wood but I did use parts as templates.
Paul, just out of curiostity, why didn't you use any of Dumas' wood? Was it warped? Too heavy? Wrong kind? I've got a Dumas Miller American that I haven't started (among other projects :D !)

Hello Danny,

Paul, just out of curiostity, why didn't you use any of Dumas' wood? Was it warped? Too heavy?
I probably should have mentioned I built the boat for electric racing. With that in mind my boat weighs 4 1/2 pounds, that weight includes everything but motor and batteries. RTR weight roughly 10 pounds. Speeds, currently 60 plus on a nitro oval.

Paul.

Lay26 said:
Shnick what happened to your site is it up? and what did you use for the pinstrips?

70411[/snapback]

Great Planes 1/16 dark blue striping

Tower Part # LXJ877

the 3/16" stripes i had to paint... that was fun... NOT!

PPG Pitthane Ultra Epoxy Urethane

good stuff...

Shnick :D

posted by Paul,

I probably should have mentioned I built the boat for electric racing. With that in mind my boat weighs 4 1/2 pounds, that weight includes everything but motor and batteries. RTR weight roughly 10 pounds. Speeds, currently 60 plus on a nitro oval.
Paul, so you were trying to lighten the hull. 4 1/2 pounds sounds nice and light for a 1/8 scale size hydro! Can you elaborate on what kind of wood you used? Would that wood be appropriate for a nitro or gas powered boat? I've got a brand new, in the box Dumas Miller American 1/8 scale thats begging to be put together. I'm planning on using the parts as templates so I can build another boat. What kind of wood should I buy :unsure: ?

Latest posts

Back