Help with BVM remote needle.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnrcboatracer

Supporting Member
I need to find some nuts for some BVM needles I have. I thought that they were 1/4-28, but that doesn't seem to be right. Maybe it is 6mm fine thread. Anyone know the thread size of the outside of the body, or have a couple of spare jam nuts to mount the needles?

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to find some nuts for some BVM needles I have. I thought that they were 1/4-28, but that doesn't seem to be right. Maybe it is 6mm fine thread. Anyone know the thread size of the outside of the body, or have a couple of spare jam nuts to mount the needles?
Hello Jon, If I remember correctley the thread size is 1/4 - 32, hope this helps, Geoff Overell.

I can check later tomorrow with a pitch gauge I`am pretty sure they are no 32 thread count. I would say 24 or 28. the thread pitch gauge will tell.......

I don't have a BVM unit around, but if the threads on the NV body match up to the threads on a glo plug ( see if the glo plug threads mesh into the threads of the NV body ) then they are 1/4-32..............

Dick Tyndall

Last edited by a moderator:
Or an 8-32 SHCS. They are not 28. THey appear to match for the first 4 threads, but after 6 threads it is obvious they dont match. I have a bag of 1/4 32 nuts waiting on my porch from the UPS man. just gotta go home.

Yes it is 1/4-32. And the jam nuits are way too big. An electrical panel nut is perfect. It is 3/8" across the flats. (the jam nuts are 1/2") Looks just like the original. I have more if anybody needs some.................... :rolleyes:

not to highjack your thread but i was curious if there was best direction the fuel should flow thru a bvm needle? from the threaded end or the other? thanks carl

Well they say, the fuel is supposed to flow the way the needle points. This is the way I do it. I do not have any proof either way saying which is best. I have in the past done it the other way.

Mike

thanks mike. thats what i was thinking but i thought i would ask. carl holtz

Latest posts

Back