HELP Nova Rossi Bearing blew apart!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wswatzell

Well, This Past Week, I had my Nova Rossi suddenly stop, & when I opened it up, I found that the rear bearing came apart. When I took the crank out, the inner race fell out with the crank, & the outter race is stuck inside. What is the best way to remove it without damaging the engine housing.

Also, Where can I get a replacement bearing?

Well, This Past Week, I had my Nova Rossi suddenly stop, & when I opened it up, I found that the rear bearing came apart. When I took the crank out, the inner race fell out with the crank, & the outter race is stuck inside. What is the best way to remove it without damaging the engine housing.

Also, Where can I get a replacement bearing?

That can be tricky and if you would like to send it to me I will gladly remove it for free and of course damage free.

Ron Byrd

hey Wade. put the block in the oven or BBQ for 5 min on high. have a piece of 2x4 close by and plyers. Grab the block with the plyers and hit it against the 2x4 a couple of times. The remaining of the bearing should just fall out. Good luck. Nick

425* for 5 min.

If it dosen't come out,try 10 min.

I use an oven mitt and a cutting board to tap the block on.

I don't want to wound the case.

Or you can take Ron up on his generous offer. ;)

He's the man for the new bearings anyway.

Don't use the cheap ones on e-bay.Use Rons.

Or you'll end up with the same problem again.

You get what you pay for. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'll try the oven trick 1st, & if I can't get it out easy, I'll let it cool off & send it down to you Ron.

Thanks for the advise, I'll let you all know how it goes. :D

Back