HELP needed with building hotshot tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poolschool

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with the "instruction booklet" and "construction photos" for the Dumas Hotshot Sprint 7.5 tunnel. I have the kit (no.1328) and only the 2 Dumas plan sheets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gino :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Gino, I built one back 1992. The advice I can give you is to take a flat sheet of partical board and make a jig too build on. This will keep the running surfaces flat and true. Contact Jerry Dunlap he can help, maybe somebody on the form can help you contact him. Ray Sametz

Hi Gino

Shouldn't you have posted this on the OB forum?????? using the plans sheet and measuring the frames you should be able to come up with a Jig to hold it nice and square. I think it builds like a bigger version of the hotshot 21 or Dunlap 27. I'm sure JD could give you some good info.

See you in January!!!!!

Will email you my phone number before then of course.

GT B)

I htink I still have my original directions. If I do I'll get them to you, or at least that's what I think your asking for?

Gino,

Sorry, I do not have the building directions for the Hotshot Sprint 7.5. If you are unable to locate a copy of the directions from the IW group, you might try contacting Dumas Boats - www.dumasproducts.com - and requesting a reprint from them.

Jerry D.

Hi Gino

While looking through an old copy of RCBM I spied a reply to a letter by JD about building the Hotshot Sprint. He says, chime in if I get it wrong JD, that the tunnel on the Sprint was a bit shallow and that you should add 1/4" spacers on the ride surfaces. I don't know if this applies only to the ABS version or if it is true of all versions.

See you soon Gino - will email my phone number before the weekend along with instructions on how to get to the pond - or my place.

GT

Re: Add a 1/4" to bottom of sponsons

Jeez GT, how old was that magazine :huh: ? I think a good sponson depth for a 7.5 tunnel is 1". I'm not sure of the sponson depth of the Sprint 7.5.

JD

Hi JD,

Would you believe Aug 2000. The answer is in response to a question on an ABS Sprint. You said that DUMAS made the sponsons 7/8" at the transom and you suggested that 1&1/8" worked good on this tunnel. Adding the extra thickness on the ride surfaces would also give you the easy ability to add sprayrails and a nice flat planing surface.

GT :rolleyes:

Thanks Guys for the replies. Much appreciated! :D

Big Daddy, how did you go with finding those instructions please.

If you have no luck let me know and I'll get a set from Dumas hopefully.

GTR, I'll see you in about 10 days or so. The 21 tunnel is finally ready - I hope :eek:

Happy holidays everyone.

Gino

Back