Help me and my friends keep our community safe and quiet

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grub

Some friends of mine are trying to stop a hotel/pub from going in less then 50 metres from their front door. Please click on the following link and help us out by clicking "like".

We need to show the council we have the numbers behind us!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/No-Hotel-in-Heatherbrae-NSW-Heatherbrae-Community-Alliance/156644777693205?v=info

No Hotel in Heatherbrae!

A proposal for a Hotel in a Motel complex at the corner of Pacific Highway and Kingston Parade Heatherbrae has been submitted to Port Stephens Council. Help us by voicing you concerns with the Port Stephens councillors. Reasons for opposing this proposal are:

- Alcohol related disturbances

- Anti-social behaviour

- Road traffic and pedestrian safety

- OH&S issues for local businesses

- Proximity to High School

- Semi-rural community

- Provision of alcohol to sales reps, truck drivers and other motel guests who drive for a living

- Promotion of drinking and gambling in a suburb of a lower economic status

- Lack of pubic transport and taxi services

Who are we

The Heatherbrae Community Alliance consists of the residents, workers, businesses, tourists, friends and family who are united in opposing the development of a Hotel in a semi-rural area adjacent to the Pacific Highway in Heatherbrae (about two hours drive north of Sydney Australia). The 2006 census shows Heatherbae having a population of 480 with more than half of the population living in relocatable homes or caravan type dwellings.

Back