Help Identify CMB

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Taylor

I picked up a CMB .45 but don't know how old or what model it is. Would like to know if it's worth trying to use it.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

Wow CMB45 Grand Prix Look about 1985 to 1990 commom break on shaft thread from flywheel to crankshaft because don't turn over torque on collet

Last edited by a moderator:
From the looks of the carb it is an old Gran Prix. I have a 90 that looks just like it, only bigger....... :lol:

edit: Looks like Allan and I posted at just about the same time......

Wow CMB45 Grand Prix Look about 1985 to 1990 commom break on shaft thread from flywheel to crankshaft because don't turn over torque on collet
thanks. Now the big question. Is it worth using as a race motor??
It run for good mono but problem viberator at carb's pin needle always fell off Factory bulit to stop from customers made compliant about hate carb's slide and change improve carb

The motor pictured is a CMB conventional, not a GP. Like Allan mentioned, the screw in stud in the end of the crank is the weak link. The back plate angle can be milled flat, and a simple adapter can be made to use a OS 4-E carb. Disc clearence needs to be set @ .003 There was quite a bit of core shift in the crank case castings, so the sleeve ports didnt match the case. That can be fixed by using a dremel on the case, to match the sleeve. The rod is very strong, and the motor made alot of torque. I ran them in monos. Richard D

they were refered to as abc engines to my knowledge circa 1980's to which the cam engines have derived from .flat slide carb needle roller rods did have one paid $200 new for it.

Back