Help for Rigger Newbee!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aldana

Good Afternoon Folks, I wanted to know your opinion, I have a OS .18 CVR engine NIB and I want to buid myself with a JAE Zippkit rigger, I'm new riggers therefore wanted to receive their recommendations, which kit?, Components, important tips, thank you and Have fun!!

the .12 kit is a fine candidate for that OS .18. Also, about the only important tip I can offer you is to build it per the kit's instructions. Follow them to a "T" and you will have a good running boat.

As far as hardware, if you wanted to get it all in one place, I do believe that Zipp offers a package hardware kit for that boat as well. Otherwise you can use any of the available hardware out there. speedmaster, etc.

Hi Cristian welcome to the rigger club.I second Rodney input and Would tell you to not waste too much time as Zipp has everything you need to build a .12 G2 kit plus hardware...if you want to see this boat with this engine in action go to www.grsboats.com.br.

I see you are in VZla so we are neighboors..I'm in Brazil.

Good luck.

Gill

Since I just got my boat up and running and I am super happy I will post my video of mine. Its a JAE12 with a OS18TZ (similar to the CRV in stock form) So far I love this boat for it's speed, it's handling and it's simple design oh yah and it's speed lol. Running all of the Zipp hardware also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKNx3KuDt4o

Thanks Rodney! if I think that both the kit and hardware offering Zippkits is unbeatable unless you already have some.

Thanks Gil, if we are neighbors, I'll see your page and who can get together soon removed.

Christopher I see that yours runs great!

I have 2 questions to you all.

What prop for my O.S. 18 CRV?

Recommend which of the kits and because G2 or G3?

PD: i have a Macs Marine 2.5cc pipe with aquacraft .18 header with warecoil for water cooling.

Christian the G3 is the light version of the G2.....I would not recommend this one as the building is more delicate due to the very thin plywood used on this kit.Go with the G2 that is stronger and more appropriate for heat racing and resist more if you hit something....both projects are in my page. With the .18 CRV you can't go wrong with the V937/3 and my second option is the V940/3 .Yes the Mac 2,5cc will work too.

Gill

Thanks again! that was what I thought (Jae12G2) with my little experience in riggers, the props had read something here! I am in the order if you have any doubt outboards and tunnels. Have fun!

Latest posts

Back