Heads up guys - don't ignore your body!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you listened to your body. I had a heart attack almost 3 years ago with the artery 99 percent blocked. I was digging up bushes in the back yard when I got a terrible headache. I didn't even think heart attack because I was in good shape. So I thought. That is why they call it the silent killer. Anyway. All you guys need to LISTEN to your body! As soon as My chest started to hurt I said to myself no way. I can't be having a heart attack!. I said it can't be happening but my body said yes it is. My wife gave me a few aspirin and drove me to the hospital only 5 minutes away. Be prepared. It can happen to you. With all that said. Do the exercise rehab. It will teach you how to eat the proper foods and exercise the right amount. I know you will do the right thing because you are that type person. Glad you made it!!!!!!

John

Recovering well guys, sleeping a lot which is good.

Here's a very informative video that might help someone:

Incredible what you medical professionals do these days, my gawd!
default_ohmy.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to hear your progress and this video reminded my 27 years of working as a facial maxillofacial dentist......no doubts of the huge progress of medicine fortunetely for all of us. Thanks Gill

Thanks Terry , very informative . I am going to ask my doctor about that ultra sound deal just for the hell of it . I'm 60 and had a nuclear stress test a few months ago and survived lol !

Hi Terry,

We are glad you acted quickly and they found the issue so quickly.

And yes, to pay attention to our bodies is very important.

I knew someone that had to have a triple bypass at the age of 35.

Study and eat the correct foods and get proper exercise. Because sadly, society as a whole is not taught proper "Health Care Insurance".

I also had a TIA earlier in the year. It is a scary thing. I didn't have the other factors, but you were smart and went to the ER. No telling what might have happened if not. Hope all goes well for you.

I also had a TIA earlier in the year. It is a scary thing. I didn't have the other factors, but you were smart and went to the ER. No telling what might have happened if not. Hope all goes well for you.

Did you get checked out? From what I've read TIA's are warning signs that something is going on...

Guys I just got home 4hrs. ago from a 3 day stay in the hospital to have 2 stents put in!! I was at the lake testing my new T boat when the attack started, and like a moron drove 40min. home! Barely made it and called 911. Never had any symptoms prior to that day, But also did not have a check up for almost 2 yrs. I am a very very luck Irishman, no heart damage, 20min. more and it would have a different story!

Don

Glad to hear that things turned out okay. I think when us guys do things like this ( drive 40 minutes to the house when we KNOW something is wrong ) we catch more hell from the wife than we do from the doctors! Nobody wants to "vapor lock" around your friends when you're out playing with the boats. Get well soon, my friend.

Dick Tyndall

Thanks guys, you know the saying "Better to be lucky than good" well this time it was true!

Don

Good to hear Don!

Just heard from a buddy that had dizzy spells and noises in one ear a few months back, doctor ordered corotid ultrasound and he blew it off figuring it was other neck issues.

He just called with numbness in one of his legs, he's heading to the hospital.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don,

I think it is more than luck. I think the good Lord must want us around a little longer for some reason. We need to Make the best of our extra time.

John

Guys I just got home 4hrs. ago from a 3 day stay in the hospital to have 2 stents put in!! I was at the lake testing my new T boat when the attack started, and like a moron drove 40min. home! Barely made it and called 911. Never had any symptoms prior to that day, But also did not have a check up for almost 2 yrs. I am a very very luck Irishman, no heart damage, 20min. more and it would have a different story!

Don
Don...you make sure you get help quicker next time. Man, I'm sure glad you got away with that. Our pond is about a 3 min. drive away from the ER. If the trees were cut down I could see the hospital from where we stand while driving. There are three of us that have been racing for 25 years that race at our pond. My friend Ron Talley went to the hospital yesterday with breathing issues. We were not at the pond when it happened but was there just the day before.

Take care.

-Carl

Don
wow, scary! Glad that things worked out and you're okay

Back