Hawk rigger pictures

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn

Hi Guys,

Since I am building a Hawk rigger, I would appreciate some pictures of your Hawk rigger boats. Either the 3.5 or 7.5 like the one I am building. ALso, a brief description of the engine and hardware used even what you used to finish the boat . Any info is welcome.

This is open to anyone who has a out rigger boat.

This is a very informative site, and everyone here is very nice and so helpfull :)

Shawn

Hi Shawn

Welcome here!

I built a mod .21 Hawk years ago(1994) using an Os 46 that ran great for years.It was modified in lenght to suit the overpower once it was designed for a 21 engine just 2 inchers longer with the same widht between sponsons.

Despite the original plans referred to use a rigid motor mount I decided for an aeromarine flex one. Rudder from speedmaster and strut homebuilt.Used to turn 1457/1460/1462 and a mod 1465.

For painting I always seal the wood with epoxy finishing resin and then a thin coat of primer followed by a thin coat of PPG color.Do not remenber well the set up but follow instructions for a good start.

Good luck

Gill

the hawk is completely different.... although 3-4 shims under the rear boom is a good place to start just like the FF. the rears are completely different, i cant remember where i had mine set...... i sold the boat and i believe i didnt keep the pics either

Thank you Gil, for the picture of your Hawk, Looks nice. I am working on the front sponsons.

Shawn

Back