Has anyone tried....?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finne

I'm just curious about something.

Has anyone tried useing outboards for ofshore boats? or is it just for tunnels?

Like for example a cat with twin outboards. should look pritty cool i think 8)

Probably 12 - 15 years ago I ran a Dumas Skater fiberglass model with a K&B 7.5 OB. It worked. Wasn't as fast as my 7.5 Stock Tunnel and didn't corner as well - but it worked. Did an article on it for whatever magazine I was writing for back then.

In my opinion, an OB on an offshore cat is a better choice than an OB on a vee hull. But, that's just my opinion.

JD

I have a Prather 38" V hull with a K&B 3.5 on it and it is a blast to run I will try to get some pic's up of it later

I had an old monster size Dumas mono w/7.5 K&B twins. It was a hoot but tough to keep the O/B twin engines running as long as you can get the inboard engines to run.

oh now that looks cexxy!!! :eek:

thankyou for the link.

But I realy don't understund how they can build a boat like that and never run it?? I mean, are they sick or something?

I have this theory about two smaller engines and props giveing more effect then one bigger. Is there any reality in that?

Jerry, I thought that is was a .61 K&B. I think that I still have the magazine article around here somewhere. Yeah, it was a long time ago.

I knew that I had it around! Jerry, the article that you did, if this is the one we were talking about was in the Winter 1989 issue of U.S. Boat & Ship Modeler, then a spinoff of RCBM. It was an 11cc K&B OB hung on the transom. The same issue you did a review on the Kyosho Jet Stream mono. I get a kick looking at the old magazines. There is a picture of "Crazy Al" Hobbs in there back when he was young and skinny. The Seattle Kingdome 1/8 scale race was also in that issue. Yep, they raced boats in the Parking Lot!

Ron,

I'm glad someone can keep track of all the stuff I've written. I started cutting out articles from 25 years ago and some day I want to put them in some sort of a booklet.

Jerry D.

Back