Real World number on Castle x8s

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neal Hiland

Hi All

I just wanted to hear if anyone is running the castle x8s esc or even the new hydra version, and has real numbers on the continues amp draw.

My current setup 4s outboard tunnel requires 200amp as my previous seaking 180 would only give me about 1.5 laps before it would cut when i changed the prop.

Also is it recommended to run a cap pack on these esc's.

Cheers
Neal

I have the air cooled version in my Q boat with a water plate underneath. I kept the air fan on it. It does fine. I’m sure you’ll have no problems.

I am seeing 210 in the corners with mine. Should be fine. I think Tyler says he had his at 400 ish for short period of time without issues.
Mike

The X8S will push up to 300A for several seconds and can handle excursions to 340-350A for split seconds in till the limiter starts to kick in. 250A and below should be possible with good cooling and good electrical connections.

I stand corrected. Maybe it was the XLX2, or I am just remembering it wrong. I am leaning toward the later.
Mike

I'll say if you can fit the XLX2 it is a far superior in cooling and amperage delivery.

The MMX8s will peg at 399 amps. Does it go past that and the logging stops there? I am not sure....
I wish I had kept the data logs, but I do keep a spread sheet of my data and speed records. These are 8 second speed runs so the time exposed to 399 amps is 1-2 seconds at most.

1694532531024.png

I would say try to keep it around 200a for long duration use or it will heat up faster than the water cooling can pull that heat away.

Back