Has anyone found a medium CA glue that doesn't clog the nozzle?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschigoda

Has anyone found a medium CA glue that doesn't clog the nozzle in a short period of time? If so, what brand/size is it?

Or am I using the wrong gluing and glue bottle storing methods?

Thanks.

I was told to tap the bottle on a table a couple time after use. This gets the glue out of the nozzle. So far it works better than not doing that especially when I remember. Also found that you can buy just nozzles so you might check that out. Don't know where you are but Galaxy hobby in Seattle is where I can get them.

Loctite 416

I store the bottle upright in a ziploc bag in the 'fridge. Helps keep the nozzle build up soft so a wipe with a paper towel easily clears it off. Always have a piece of .032 wire handy to open the hole too.

I've use the 406 Loctite (Difficult to bond materials) never seen the 416. but for years on boat & Planes the Loctite is the best I have found,

better than Green or Pink ZAP.

Brad

Squeeze some air out of the bottle before you turn it to apply the ca. That way, when you turn it upright & let go it will suck air (& adhsesive) back down the tube. But i still keep a small drill bit handy.

I will try the "Mercury, tapping, pre-squeezing, not touching, dripping" route first. If that doesn't work well, I will move on to the Locktite route.

Thank you for all of your suggestions!

...On to the first build!

Dave

Saukville, Wisconsin

Last edited by a moderator:
Back