hardware placement on mono?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcguy76

I am planning on starting a .21 nitro v-hull this month (rcbm wild thing plans) and was looking into hardware. I just happen to have fried my electric cat speed control and motor this past weekend.....(nothing like opening the hatch to a cabin full of smoke pouring off the motor :-[)

But it now puts me to think I might save myself a hundred bucks and use the rudder and strut from the cat...its a fine design setup and looking at the plans for the v-hull, the LE of the rudder is 3 1/2 inches back from the transom which is fine, but the only problem I see is that on the plans it shows the rudder right of the shaft about 2 - 2-1/2 inches. On the hardware I have its only 1-1/4 right of the shaft....I'm new to mono's and dont know what exactly having it closer to the shaft is going to effect? Would I be better off getting a seperate bracket to move the Rudder further right?

Thanks for any help

Chris

With the rudder directly behind the prop causes the rudder to be in very turbulent water. This makes it less affective sometimes. Also as the water is split by the strut, he closer the rudder is to the strut, the less affective it is at high speeds. I would move it off to the right side if you can.

I would do the off set rudder to the right.

Just makes better turning to the right, most boats set up that way and its out of the prop wash.

and if you have to make brackets or buy brackets to move things the way they are do it.

speedmaster/ seaducer hardware kits are nice for the .21 monos.

theres other, but thats what i can thing of now.

NT

Back