Hardware Design?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_laxmasta2039

hi all,

with the new addition of a .21 mono to my "fleet" [32" Kevlar-coated Pistolero, just the bare hull], i'm looking forward to taking my time and doing everything right on this 'un, start to finish. i'd like to do a little research on rudder, trims and fins, and strut design to see what would be best and possibly designing my own....does anyone know of any websites that have some good info on this?

Joe

Does it have stringers yet? Tear them out. ;) Replace them with some carbon plate with nice big lightening holes like a car chassis. Construct the right one with a rudder mount portion that penetrates through the transom and to which you bolt a nice little Speedmaster rudder. Wack off the Speedmaster rudder bracket and leave just enough room to tap a couple holes so you can use countersunk anodized aluminum screws through the carbon fiber plate. Who really needs strut adjustability in a mono? Sleeve the portion of the brass tube stuffing box that passes through the transom and to the drive dog with a carbon tube. Epoxy that in the hull and add a carbon gusset up to the transom to stabilize it. Solder on a thick brass washer to the end to mate up with the thrust washer and protect the carbon tube from wear. Just an idea.

Altimat,

happens to me all the time!! ;D

seriously though that's alright, i've done a little bit of research and pretty much decided one what i'm doing..

i like you're idea, the only problems are that i wanna try to have everything custom made [not buying a strut from Speedmaster], strut needs to be adjustable in case i need it to get the nose riding right, and most importantly- i don't know jack about carbon and how to use it!!

the extent of my knowledge is carbon hunting arrows, kinda different from engine rails.

:p

Joe

Back