Happy fathers day!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camaroboy383

Happy fathers day! Enjoy your day guys, try to work on, or run some boats.. or just grab some good food and a lazy boy!

Either way, enjoy it!

Like probably most reading this response, I was thinking about my father today. He is the reason I started building model boats. When I was around 12 or 13 I built a lot of Gallows model airplane kits. When I finished a model airplane, my dad would give me money to purchase another kit. Dad worked out of the local labors' hall and one winter he was out of work and didn't have money to purchase my next airplane kit. I had some balsa wood laying around and dad said, "Why don't you build a model boat like our 15' plywood outboard runabout with that extra balsa wood?" So, I took a close look at the family runabout and began cutting and gluing balsa wood. I saved up some money and purchased a small electric outboard that ran off a 9v battery. Here I am 64 years later still building small boats powered by electric outboards. Thanks Max.

JD

Attachments

• DSCN1758.JPG
    DSCN1758.JPG
    574.9 KB · Views: 17
Great post Jerry, its things like this that will forever be in your memories, things to remember your father as he was.. I love that you hung on to that boat all your life, never losing sight of your childhood, where you came from, and cherished memories of your father.. I, as well as many others I'm sure are thankful to your father for the passion he brought to life in you for modeling...

Ac

Back