H1 unlimited first race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsmtboy2

Supporting Member
J Michael Kelly wins season opener due to jumped start by u-6 Oberto driven by Jimmy Shane. Shane won all other heats and was top qualifier for the weekend giving him the points lead going into Detroit. H1 is live streaming the entire season for 2014.

Last edited by a moderator:
J Michael Kelly wins season opener due to jumped start by u-6 Oberto driven by Jimmy Shane. Shane won all other heats and was top qualifier for the weekend giving him the points lead going into Detroit. H1 is live streaming the entire season for 2014.
How did D12's own Scott Liddycoat do? I haven't heard back from him yet....................

Scott was a backup driver since his race team decided not to bring their boat east to Madison. He didn't say who he was backing up for at the race last week. Hopefully he will drive in Detroit.

just watch the video it was a good start.someone need's glasses.and it could be me but look realy close.added a few photo'sPicture 001.jpgPicture 002.jpgPicture 003.jpgPicture 004.jpgPicture 005.jpgPicture 006.jpgPicture 007.jpgPicture 008.jpgPicture 009.jpgPicture 010.jpgPicture 012.jpgPicture 013.jpgPicture 015.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the guy calling the start had "double vision".................just a thought.
default_wacko.png

Dick Tyndall

I was at the start line and he indeed jumped,shame it took 5 laps to call it,

Sounds like the race in SD last season, Oberto called for a jump then as well. The "stills" from that race's starting line footage showed the Oberto a full half boat over the line and cost Steve David his last race

What a great weekend for boat racing! The weather was awesome just wish there where more boats in Madison.

If you have the field covered by 3 miles an hour, the inside lane and then you jump the gun, whether the call was correct or incorrect you, the driver, made the error. Never put yourself in a position where the outcome of the race in someone else's hands like that.

I am happy for Jimmy Shane winning the Gold Cup last weekend. He has worked his tail off to get to this point and deserves to have his name etched in the trophy.

Steve Webster, member of Space Coast Rudder Busters finished 5th at the Gold Cup in Detroit with his U-22 driven by his son Mike. A great job by a low budget team that ran the final heat with a damaged gearbox. Congratulations, Perry

Back