• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Great Pipes for 7 Port Nova

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Fields

Hi All,

I think that I'm now getting to the stage where I want to start looking at testing different tuned pipes. The set up that I'm using at the moment is with the very basic Nova pipe, and think that this could be my achilies heel. So I've been looking at posts and peoples setups, and have some ideas already, but I wanted to see what your all running and their merits?

So its over to you as all advice and info is welcome,

Martin

the new NR 21 pipe is supposed to be real good. Cooper S pipe if you can get one.. All the AB pipes are good that I have seen,.. OPS 3280 also works well.

Salisbury Power Pipes (SPP) from Jeremy are the favorite of many running NR motors.

You cant go wrong with a ops3280. Faster pipes are out there but its pretty darn good

I will say, I was running an SPP NR carbon pipe and thought it was the best I could find. I then ran the new NR .21 muffled pipe (I cut the muffler and can off it) last weekend and picked up 3 mph, immediately better launching, and the motor came on pipe much easier then with my NR Carbon pipe. I want to do more testing on this pipe, but Im pretty sure its my new "go to" pipe for my Novarossi .21 motors.

The best pipe is the CMB 21 nitro pipe and I have tryed them alll and even on radar.

Dave

I have tried a few pipes on my Nova, OPS 3280 is a very good pipe, But the Copper S-pipe is better. I have not tried a SPP pipe yet, hoping to be testing the Nova muffled pipe this weekend.

Rene

Thanks for all the suggestions Unfortunately in the UK and for NAVIGA competitions we have to run silencers because of noise limits!!!

All those pipes work well and to be honest if you want to go really fast you need to get most of them and test what works best for your setup. I have every pipe mentioned here and more that you cant even get now. I like Aarons OZ 21 S pipe best. the SPP Carbon NR pipe is very similar
Cheers for the help Greg,

I've email Jeremy about SSP pipes, but do you have contact details or links to where I might be able to find some of these other pipes?

Martin

I will say, I was running an SPP NR carbon pipe and thought it was the best I could find. I then ran the new NR .21 muffled pipe (I cut the muffler and can off it) last weekend and picked up 3 mph, immediately better launching, and the motor came on pipe much easier then with my NR Carbon pipe. I want to do more testing on this pipe, but Im pretty sure its my new "go to" pipe for my Novarossi .21 motors.
Rodney don't you run a 35 plus instead of a nova 21 just wondering

Pete, yes, I run a 35+. The record in Namba for a 6 lap heat in 21 hydro was just set with the Nova muffled pipe, and a 5 port. So the pipe works universally well...

Back