GREAT new pond in Texas!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Hi guys, I would like to tell you about the MOST EXCELLENT boat pond we (the small group of boaters around San Antonio TX) may soon be calling home. It is over 2200 feet long (SAW…Yeah Baby!), 400 feet wide, no ski jumps or bouys during our races, has golf course like grass that slopes gently into the water all around, on-site restaurant, bathrooms, lots of really cool stuff for the family to do, etc and the owners are 100% excited about us putting on some great events and making this a premier boat running lake. It is one of the water-ski lakes at the Texas Ski Ranch located just north of New Braunfels TX (between San Antonio and Austin on I 35). If you would like to see a picture check out their web site at www.texasskiranch.com. They are excited about us having some really big events there and of course we will be having several time trials there each year! We are very excited and hope to get a bunch of you guys excited about coming to race with us!

Glenn :D

OH HELL YEAH!! An hour and a half away--I'M THERE DUDE! Great news Glenn!

Courtesy of texasskiranch.com...(they're gonna need more parking :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
WOOHOO!!! :D :D :D

Yes, 3 1/2 hours for me. Another excuse to go to New Braunsfels more.

I have one of these close to me, very similar except houses all around :( .

Thank You Glenn!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking site Glen! I have been to New Braunsfels and know my way there so you just never know when I might show. The great thing about it is I have a place to stay in Austin so I will really look into making a race there. Keep me updated on your schedule once you get things going!

Ron Byrd

Glenn,

Hey, you know us NAMBA District 7 guys in New Mexico and West Texas will be coming down to race with you!

3 1/2 hours for me too and allot of my family lives in New Braunsfels!

Wow!!!! Just a few minutes from the house. Again, Wow!!!! I getting the "boat bug" real bad now. Keep us informed will ya. Hope its warm and dry where you are. Here, well its typical Central Texas weather..... rainy and cold. :p

In Christ,

Joel Chavez

Hey Mr. Moderator-

The post you pulled was a joke...just relax. I would agree that the San Antonio site looks okay, but why settle for second best. Why drive a corvair when you can drive a corvette? Why eat beans when you can feast on Beanie-Weenies? What's the point you ask...just where is this going? Simply put, BLUE LAKE RULES!!! If your boat's fast, or if you're one of the thousands who who just THINK your boat's fast, you better be at SPEEDWEEK! We've got teflon impregnated weatherless water, a NASA developed ripple inhibiting additive, a climate controlled 13 acre dome, a well with free 60% nitro, and topless "adult" film stars. Okay, not really, but it'd be cool, huh? Actually, we have a beautiful lake, very hospitable owners, close motels, and we have a lot of fun. We do in fact have a nine day sanction, so bing what you got and run what you brought.

I was not laughing. questionable posts from unregistered users are currently subject to being deleted. We have been having a lot of problems from unregistered users. I'm about ready to edit your "adult" comments on the last post. register and i wont be so picky.

Tom, lets just get rid of the "un-registered" users. :angry: I know it's been brought up before, don't want to beat a dead horse....

I'm not unregistered by choice. I've tried to register a zillion times, but I never get any response from the automated feedback whoyaa-thingy. I'm quite the avid model boater, and I've been trying to register. I apologize for my sense of humor, it's all well-intentioned. BTW, the Glenn Quarles comments were all in fun, but I guess you'd have to know us. Glenn is like my brother/dad/best friend. Blue Lake is indeed a most excellent boat pond. The Valdosta (GA) model boat club, who, by the way has hosted a dozen or so time trials, has a nine day sanction March 20-28. We've had bleak participation in the past, so I'm trying to drum up enough people to make it interesting. The water here is most conducive to high speed boating.

You guys just gotta know Jason...he is in fact one of the nicest boaters around and has a wacked out sense of humor! I understand if you don't know him really well you might think he is off his rocker, out of place, just plain crazy, etc, when you read his comments, but if you were to hear him say this kind of stuff in person you would understand (without a doubt) that he is just talking smack and you couldn't help but smile. Jason's point at his post is to poke a little fun at me since I went and moved to Texas and to try and talk up our time trial in Valdosta Ga this March.

Tom, Jason told me about the post that you removed...we had a real good laugh! (I would have removed it too not knowing him and not knowing that he was just kidding me...good job as the moderator). Also, do you think you could check into what is keeping him from registering? He has in fact been trying for months and will be a great member of Intlwaters when he gets set up.

Glenn :D

Humor can often be mistaken for sarcasm or rudeness when it is read on a screen and the reader has no voice inflections or body language to go along with it...huh, Tom.

Although the sense of humor would be welcome, I'm not sure how much RC boating technical help a person could provide if they can't even figure out how to register. (see...that was a joke.)

ok, sorry if i offended. please try to register again as it does not appear that you are in the "que". unless you registered with a different name than jasonspeedy. if it does not work let me know and i should be able to coax it along.

tom

Latest posts

Back