Good Friday for Nitro......

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izitbrokeyet?

Tis Good Friday and Nitro is officially dead.....least as far a boating is concerned

maybe twill rise again in three days ?? three years would be my guess

Happy Easter by the way

Let me guess , nitro and tunnels are dead as well ?

Thanks To Dunny , Grim and John Knight for there hard work on tunnels I think not

I just found out that izitbrokeyet is latin for JackA$$

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Easter to you too Ray :)

N2164z will be in ocracoke, NC giving free rides to all who know me by name on the 12th-15th just look for the tail numbers on the ramp at W95. That includes you too Ed from Carolina.

I agree that John Knight has done much for the hobby...good people like John are hard to find. Family oriented, Positive person hard to find those folks in this hobby any longer.

all the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good people in general are hard to find , I just don't think nitro is dead . Don't get me wrong I'm new to boats so I apoligize if I'm out of line .

Ask anyone who came to the tunnel champ race if nitro is dead. 150 OUTBOARD boats. Oh yeah, someone said outboards were dead too. District 13 is thriving. Thanks to all who race with us and support us.

Now, got to get back to building nitro boats cause people want them.

On the outside lookin in, I, for one, am pretty nervous on the nitro side of the picture, with CMB having the monopoly on the marine motor sales, we are at their mercy with no limit if they so choose, granted, those who choose to afford the hobby, will, anyone selling a novarossi please stand up..... My hopes, however diminished, lay also with Andy, that he can absolve the one motor maker giant... ( c'mon who really among us heat races with an OPS, etc?) No ding intended, to any manufacturer, OS, is possibly contending, and greatfully keeping the outboard program alive.... Not very many KB's at the champs, the OS outboard and it's ongoing motor upgrades has all but dominated the field...... Suffice to say it's still affordable for the quality, too, until they stand alone in the outboard field, and take advantage also........ $$ makes the world go 'round....... Only with Andy stabilizing the inboard big block market hopefully soon could prices and the subsequent losses of boaters due to financial drain possibly be a turning point, there are no options, no competition only men willing to pay for that which they require....... small time guys will be out....... me included... outboard nova's anyone? the great exodus to gas is a steamroller gonna lay us all out, any person in his right mind can see a high end zenoah, at half the cost of any big block nitro plant, and fuel costs literally non existent, will be the wave many will turn to... possibly me....... Electric boats are quantum leaping today also, which, have peaked my interest, and, ( shhhh, watch yourself, mike) they haven't the noise factor everyone fights about......... So, while any RC boat is still a boat to me, I love the nitro I/C engine to no end, any and all aspects of the same, I'm still just as nervous today as I was yesterday, and my season hasnt even begun, yet. Got a few spares, some dinosuar parts, I'll forge on until I cant afford the toys just like everyone else........... Until a different wind starts to blow in the motor market, I for one am caressing and tucking into bed what precious power plants I do own, because, the replacement cost of any is quickly spiraling out of reach of the small potatoes boater....... Dismal? Maybe. sorry, it's sposed to be about fun, it's been golden, like the guys with the gold, run. 2 cents down to 1, form your own opinion, mike

Back