Go moter carb setting/not stock carb

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James montgomery

Want to know a good point to start neddle setting at for a new Go moter that needs broke in..... right now I have 3.5 turns out from closed on a modded nova carb.

James

As wonderful and amazing as modern technology has become, you still can't get a proper needle setting for your engine on the internet, because online the weather and water conditions are always perfect, and all the 20 hydros will heat race at 80mph. In the real world this is seldom if ever the case. You run your model boats in an area that has several highly experienced and knowlegable boaters that would be more than happy to share their wealth of information with anyone that will heed their warnings, listen to and follow their directions and suggestions, and ask for assistance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ant that the truth larry. Always perfect weather on line....lol... havent really had a chance to talk to any of them because of the rain and river comeing up but would def listen and take in as much as I can from them.....just lookinf for a break in neddle seting.....

James

That cracks me up!! the weather is perfect,.. water is glass,. air density is optimum,.. fuel is fresh, P/L has perfect pinch,.. never eat a plug and radios never glitch!!

Haha yes everything is optimized on the interenet and I hear it also adds 10mph as well... I think its kind of like how TV adds 10 lb's. :lol:
Just like an Amzoil sticker is supposed add 10hp to my turbo Dodge, but I use Mobil 1. :D James,start with the engine running blubbery rich and slowly lean it out till it runs the way you want it to on the water. If it revs right up on the stand when you squeeze the trigger you're way too lean.

As wonderful and amazing as modern technology has become, you still can't get a proper needle setting for your engine on the internet, because online the weather and water conditions are always perfect, and all the 20 hydros will heat race at 80mph. In the real world this is seldom if ever the case. You run your model boats in an area that has several highly experienced and knowlegable boaters that would be more than happy to share their wealth of information with anyone that will heed their warnings, listen to and follow their directions and suggestions, and ask for assistance.
Probably why the internet never mentions "Good ole Minnesota" because we all know the conditions here. The most perfect line that describes Minnesota - is watching Bill Murray describe it when you watch "Ground Hog Day".. :)

Latest posts

Back