Glow plug igniter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sonictronics/McDaniels RC makes several variations of glow ignitors. I use their simple self contained igniter with a good/bad plug indicator, & a 2” long stem. They have a 3,800mah nickel hydrate battery built in that will light plugs for a long time before a recharge is needed. There are lengths available, comes with or without a charger, also available with or without a glow plug good/bad indicator on the cap. I’m on my 7th year without a single issue. It has not developed any battery memory issue, still charges to 4,100mah capacity. Below is a picture of the one I use. A few distributors on this forum offer these ignitors on their website for sale.
Glow & Fuel Power All - Glow Plug Drivers Radical RC

Last edited:
I use a 5000ma nicad Dsize.
Same cell for almost 20yrs. And you can quick charge if U needed. One good charge last several months. I shrink wrapped it to an old ofna driver that took single cells.
I like panels 2, until someone taps onto it n let's the smoke out. There is also a micro panel.
Gonna build new starter box with 2 of the micro panels (24v) and use 2 life 7ah batteries.
Should last me the rest of my life. Lol
Still old schooling it here.
McDaniel is also a proven winner.
All great ideas from fellow boaters.

Back