Gas Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradSpencer

Hi all, thought I would share some pics of my Gas Tunnel I finished putting back together today.

Managed to give it a quick run tonight before it got dark, looking forward to spending an afternoon running it!

Hull: YPC (re-shaped nose section, changed the deck to hull join so it is flush).

Engine: QD25/lawless

Prop: P270 for now...........

Steering: HS5745 fitted to Servo City 5:1 gear drive.

very nice set-up,,so, what will be the paint scheme?..when we gonna see the action video?

btw, i like the fuel tank idea, can u tell more?

jul

At this stage I'm not going to bother with a paint scheme, might get a few sticker cut for it........

For a fuel tank I'm running a 500ml IV bag which is secured under the deck in the center section.

The tank you can see mounted in the perspex is a oiler for the flex shaft. This one works well as it has a primer to get the thicker oil running.

I think it is from a nitro car, probably around 4oz.

At this stage I'm not going to bother with a paint scheme, might get a few sticker cut for it........

For a fuel tank I'm running a 500ml IV bag which is secured under the deck in the center section.

The tank you can see mounted in the perspex is a oiler for the flex shaft. This one works well as it has a primer to get the thicker oil running.

I think it is from a nitro car, probably around 4oz.

thanks, i figured it out after looking closely that it is an oiler..

ww

Good luck keeping the shaft in one piece with the power of that QuickDraw engine. Let us know how the shafts hold up please. James
Took it out today. Still trying to work out the tuning on these gas engines.

Went through about 2 litres of fuel. Flex shaft is still in good shape, although I do expect to brake a few.

I nice bloke from the the local lake(Colin), has lent me his 3 blade 6717 with a massive amount of back cut. Works really well. keeps the engine unloaded in the low/mid and seems to have good top end as well.

I'm using a flex shaft from zip-kits, just car motor oil for lube, and one of the thick walled liners from Fred at Lawless.

I will keep you updated with the flex...

That looks great Brad! Your extra work to the hull looks really neat. I can't wait to see this one running at the lake!

Looks very good Brad,you run it with a prather 270 prop i run my gas tunnel with a 270 to,order a octura 1465 think it is a good prop for the lawless.

Keep up the good work.

Martin

Now that at least makes Dom's "duckbill platapis" hull look a bit better. Hope you can get the thing to turn at speed. The guys here still tippy-toes around corners or she barrel rolls. Good luck looks like good setup.

Cobus

Looks very good Brad,you run it with a prather 270 prop i run my gas tunnel with a 270 to,order a octura 1465 think it is a good prop for the lawless.

Keep up the good work.

Martin

Hi Martin, I think I have a 1467. I will give that a go and try and get my hands on a 1465 to try as well.

The 6717/3 with back cut seems to be the ticket out of the props I've tried so far.

Appreciate the input.

Keep up the good work.

Martin

Hi Martin, I think I have a 1467. I will give that a go and try and get my hands on a 1465 to try as well.

The 6717/3 with back cut seems to be the ticket out of the props I've tried so far.

Appreciate the input.

Hi Brad,

I tried the 1470 back cut prop but it kill 3 flex shafts it is to big,the 1467 maybe it works let me know :)

synthar f1 tunnel hull.JPG

Keep up the good work.

Martin

Appreciate the input.

Hi Brad,

I tried the 1470 back cut prop but it kill 3 flex shafts it is to big,the 1467 maybe it works let me know :)
Why not try the 6717/3 it sure will work.

Rgrds Marc

Hi Marc,

Yep the 6717/3 is a good prop.

I ran a few years ago a octura 1447/3 on my 7.5 tunnel a friend said i have a good prop for you a octura 1450 back cut prop try it.

Ooh men what a top speed :)

Think a 2 blade back cut prop give more speed then a 3 blade prop but thats my opinion ;)

Martin

Get with props works west and tell them you need a gas tunnel prop. They will hook you up. I have not broke a shaft since o uses this prop and need to upgrade the liner also too much play that can be the issue

Jim, thank you very much :D

All race props from props works west are 3 blade props,maybe need to change my mind.

Joe Monohan [707 specialties] is a good friend we thought a octura 1465 back cut we will see.

Hi Eddy,please tell me what is google hehehehehehehe :p :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back