Gas Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I"m not done with the exhaust :D

Thanks julian i will remember quick draw.

Joe ask fred from lawless to make a big cavitation plate it help to keep the nose down.it works B)

Maybe it is a good upgrade for other nitro/gas tunnels.

cavitasion  plate.JPG

It's gonna cost you but I have seen 10-15 MPH change with their pipe. But you have a good set up. Just prop and pipe and you should be good. Nice work

Julian

Thanks!!!!

We started with building one year ago.

Buy a center section part and build the sponsen,the tunnel has exchangeable sponsen.

Sent a e-mail to propwork west hope the guy"s can help.

Martin

synthar build.JPG

I my self have been doing alittle bit of building already trying to do some gas boats out WOF and I've had a couple guys think that the boat should work pretty good. Can't wait tell spring when that frozen stuff breaks free and so will the boats.

Boat vs Gage.jpg

cherry tunnel side.jpg

Tunnel Front.jpg

I my self have been doing alittle bit of building already trying to do some gas boats out WOF and I've had a couple guys think that the boat should work pretty good. Can't wait tell spring when that frozen stuff breaks free and so will the boats.

That looks really good Eric.

Ooh yes it will work,we have to wait a few months before we can run them.

We have a lot of snow and ice to here in the Netherlands.

Hi guy's

It has being a long time I know, but finaly I got my Synthar F1 wet today. Everything went well today, engine is brand new so has to break in.

I didn't had much time so I think I have run a half liter off fuel through with a 6717/3 VooDoo.

Have to do some trim adjustments here and there, but I'm very pleased

for today. You can check some pictures on the Dutch Xtreme board. Hope to make some nice run vid soon.

http://www.xtremercboats.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22182

Regards

Marc

Read more: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8328016/mpage_4/key_/tm.htm#ixzz1AYQNw6cW

What pipe are you guys using ?

Im in the process of building one of these just trying to get all the bits together

the pipe is a big part of that

Greg
Another gas tunnel in the neighbor hood! What hull are you using?

My pipe is made by QD.....works well. But by the time you get to the end of the straight the muffler is only coming out of the last corner LOL.

Don't know much about these pipes by YPC, but Hobby Depot had a good special on them for $200 AUD. I think they were around $350.

YPC

There is also this one:

GRP

Brad

I've been using the Quick Draw pipe on my outboard and had good luck using it. I got pretty good speed and torq. from the pipe.

tunnel pond 2.jpg

Hi Brad, is your Servo City gearbox just a free running gearbox that you added the 5745 servo to, or does it have the feedback pontienometer in it,

thanks

Shane

Australia

Hi Shane,

Welcome to the forum.

I used the free running gearbox with 5:1 gears, and programmed the 5745mg to 360 deg rotation. No pontienometer.

I have an extra gearbox/5745mg if you need one.

Brad

Just finishing up a Zipp Illusion and need some additional information on the oiler for the drive. Fred at Lawless says to just grease the shaft and it will be OK. Others say use an oiler. What is best? And if an oiler is the ticket how do I plumb it? Will it gravity feed or do I need some sort of pressure to force feed the lube? What lube?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back