Gas Scale Hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Shallenberger

Hi All --

Follow this link http://www.pnwta.org...20Gas%20E-LAM_1 to see photos of Bob Hulliger's just finished 1/6 scale "Gas Scale Hydro" and yes the statement in the last photo is on the back of the E-Lam's boat stand

Bob spent the summer building three wood hull boats. This one ran at the NW Scale Champ race for the first time and the other two, White E Lam and Boeing 787 are ready for the paint booth. We have many round nose hulls that fit the new class but with the mold for this cowl being done we are finally moving along. We plan on testing my 76 Olympia Beer boat in a few weeks and then she will go to the paint shop.

Jeff Snell has also been very busy- He now has for sale the cowl and the Plexiglas canopy from the plug that Bob built for the E Lam and will soon have the cowl from my Olympia beer boat available for sale We chose these boats and cowls to build first because with minor changes they will make many different boats. Rumor is that we might also see a glass 1/6 scale version of his very popular 8255 hull coming out of his shop along with a glass version of Bobs E-Lam hull in the near future.

We also have hardware being built for the 1/6 class- Gary Jensen has for sale struts for the ¼" drive system Mike Cathey has larger scale turn fins and mounting hardware available and Larry Kramer is working on 1/6 scale drivers and dummy motors We also have out of box 5 plus hp RCMK motors from Bruce at Gizmo Motors in both front carburetor rear exhaust motors for the pickle fork boats and in a side exhaust version for the round nose boats. The rest of the hardware is all available from local hobby shops or from on line dealers.

If you are interested in knowing more about what we are doing in the Northwest please get a hold of me through the clubs web site at www.pnwta.org

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice indeed.Looks like its been a very busy summer building those beautiful hulls.

I saw the boat at the NW Championships and I can only think of one word to describe it....STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only problem I had was Bob won't let me have the boat :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back