Gas props on nitro rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice you where making good power. 101 motors are not suppose to RPM from what I hear

David,

Did the jet ski impeller arrive yet?

Check your mailbox tomorrow.

I received some electronic mail today.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Hi Dave,

Nice graph data gives you a look of what your motors are doing. Thanx for passing it along

Nails

David,

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Great news but the cranks are still with Steve.

Also got a new a 1/8" aluminum transom to install.

Then need some break in time before the impeller.

Hope its got some pitch to keep this beast from over reving.

27600 is a bit to much for it to live.

Wonder why it pulled the piston off the pin. :rolleyes: NEXT!

Is that new 1 1/4" rudder in the box :) ?

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! thanks Tom

Stu sending me his old kiln and a recipe for the props. now we can relay start to twist some blade.

Mark got some new prop prototypes cast to give a whirl. going to be a good year!

David

Did you get the pipe ?

David,

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

David
David,

My friend elias has an Eagle with a transom that was comming off. I made a small box out of carbon and glass that had the same dim as the inside of the transome. The box had sides that were 3/4" high. In order to make this and get it strong and light, I made a male and female mold with wood. I layed the clothe over the male plug, used some Seran Wrap to keep it from sticking and pressed it all together. When finished and trimmed we glued the box onto the transome. What you end up wioth is a carbon glass transome plate that has a 3/4" lip all the way areound. Once set there is no way to loose the transome ever again unless you pull the whole back end off including sides, bottom and top of the boat. It is very light weight and strong as can be. Think of a carbon glass box the attackes the rear transome to all four sides. This blows away any metal plate.

Albert

David,

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

David
David,

My friend elias has an Eagle with a transom that was comming off. I made a small box out of carbon and glass that had the same dim as the inside of the transome. The box had sides that were 3/4" high. In order to make this and get it strong and light, I made a male and female mold with wood. I layed the clothe over the male plug, used some Seran Wrap to keep it from sticking and pressed it all together. When finished and trimmed we glued the box onto the transome. What you end up wioth is a carbon glass transome plate that has a 3/4" lip all the way areound. Once set there is no way to loose the transome ever again unless you pull the whole back end off including sides, bottom and top of the boat. It is very light weight and strong as can be. Think of a carbon glass box the attackes the rear transome to all four sides. This blows away any metal plate.

Albert
Albert

I call it my Velcro transom. I like the idea of it popping out and leaving every thin else untouched. I have it down where I can replace it with my eyes closed. :lol:

Hope this will not be a problem any more have a small kiln and the recipe for prop harding I got from Stu. should help keep the blades on the props now.

David

Here we go full metal jacket.

1/8 T6 alum plate with a 1/4" ply for the backer.

the plate is taped for the screws with washers and locking nuts on the inside.

Lets see a one bladed prop mess with this!!!!!!!!!!!

Ready to rumble!

David

David,

The next generation propellers should test it this weekend.

Albert,

Elias is lucky to have a friend like you to help him out like

that. Hope you guys are getting ready to rumble over in

Brandon?

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

David, keep the rug fiber away from the prop. lol Good luck with your 100mph goal. Richard D
thanks for the heads up. Dumb a$$ would not have even thought about it.

Chopping at the bit to burn some nitro. bin building the new eng for a few days now.

Got some new props to test after the break in.

2920/2 3020/2 7020/3 will see how it spins them up.

David

David , that stand is ghetto !!!!! Polish that aluminum also !!!! :D
This ain't no shelf queen. Brutus likes that stand it give him character.

Hell at least he doesn't have wood screws thew the top of the sponsons to hold the boom tubes in. :rolleyes:

David , that stand is ghetto !!!!! Polish that aluminum also !!!! :D
This ain't no shelf queen. Brutus likes that stand it give him character.

Hell at least he doesn't have wood screws thew the top of the sponsons to hold the boom tubes in. :rolleyes:
I didn't build the sponsons !! Lots of epoxy in there too ! You know I'm just breakin stones !!

Back