Gas outboard legs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a look at the pics and it really looks nice, hope the testing on this goes as well as it looks.

Only thing that concerns me is the positioning of the motor mount, without measurements really cant tell, but looks a little short from bottom of mount to prop. Distance from the rear sponson to prop is awesome.

Might have to do some mods on the Insane, if this drive works it will be worth it. . .

Hi All,

I have tried out the Arrow Shark Outboard Leg today and i am happy with it so far i have had the motor up to 14040RPM so far and no problems today was the first time i have driven an F1 tunnel hull so it was a learning curve for me and getting the trim of the leg sorted out. the boat did not hesitate when i opened the throttle it just got up and took off.

Now i might have some good news for some of you! Arrow Shark are bringing out a 'Geared Outboard Leg" and today i found out the price of them, the following are the prices.

The release date price will be $535.00 plus shipping.

You can pre-order one and the price would be $485.00 plus shipping if you want to pre-order one you can pay a $100.00 deposit via PayPal and the delivery time is 2-3 months they will then put your contact information in the waitng list and as soon as the product is available you will be the first to get one.

Kind regards,

Len.

Hey guys and hey Len...hehe

Here are some pictures of the new outboard leg, hopefully it will be of good quality and reliable.

Cheers

Chris

ASoutboard5.jpg

ASoutboard6.jpg

ASoutboard7.jpg

ASoutboard8.jpg

Arrowshark outboard.jpg

ASoutboard9.jpg

Hi All,

I just gave the tunnel hull another run on the 31-1-2012 and i broke a flexi cable! i would think the motor has had about 2- 2 1/4 tanks of fuel through it and the highest RPM was 14040 sorry i did not pay too much attention to the times it had been running and i have not got an hour meter on the boat at the moment to keep track of the time.

I have not had the leg apart yet so i am not sure the exact part where it broke! the cable is 170mm long the cable had a bit of a shine to it when i pulled it out after the first run the shine part starts 45mm down from the motor and is about 45mm long the part where the cable broke is 65mm down from the motor so i would suspect it is around the top part of the curve? This cable is quite a stiff cable i am going to get some ends squared on a more flexible cable and see if that lasts better.

Kind regards,

Len.

ive sold oiler kits for the lawless legs..... i have yet to hear from anyone regarding constant breakage of the shaft.....

alden

Here's also another site for gas outboard lower units from a guy making them in Africa I believe. He has a couple different designs that are supposed to be pretty good and supposably don't break shafts. I think James Beasley on here had one that worked pretty well for him. Maybe he can chime in.

Youngz Performance Craft:

http://www.youngzrcboats.com/5473.html

They guy's name is Dominic and is very active on the RC Universe website where a HUGE gas tunnel thread has been going on. It would definitely be worth checking out.

Personally, we run the Gmorty lowers and haven't had any cable break issues in close to a year. It's a great unit, especially since Greg has redesigned it with the bullet nose in front to resemble the real outboards. It has a very cool look. Like was mentioned before, you've just got to remember to take the shaft out and grease it before every run.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back