Gas outboard legs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren Elson

Hey guys wheres the best places to purchase gas outboard legs

Iv emailed lawless and gmorty but with no joy

Iv tried looking for a 2nd hand unit but good either

Im just looking at mo and getting prices etc and seeing whats available

Cheers guys

Rgds F1

last tim i spoke to greg ( i race with him ) he was putting a hold on making more legs but that was a few months back

cheers ian

Hi Darren,

You might want to have a look at Arrow Shark www.arrowshark.com and check out their F1-11 outboard Drive i have purchased one and i am in the process of fitting it on a 1/4 scale Ossi F1 tunnel Hull, i hope this might be of help to you.

Merry Chrismas to you all.

Kind regards,

Len Reeves.

Len what did you think of that shark leg? What is the lenth of flex shafts for that leg and are they 1/4in flex shafts? Thanks for the input.

Cheers hooters

Hi Len

I looked at the arrowshark leg and emailed them currently awaiting to hear back of them with price

As eric asked whats your opinion on them so far??????

Good morning Len,

I've seen the F1-11 leg on their site and it looks beautiful! However, I've been hoping that someone would comment on the quality and durability after actually running it on a boat and I'm sure there are many more gas F1 enthusiasts who are looking forward to reading your comments once you've run it. From what I remember, the Ossi hull is one of the bigger F1 boats so it will be a good testbed for this leg and the durability of the internal parts like the flexshaft.

I look forward to seeing your further comments.

Kind regards,

Wennie.

Hi ronald

iv seen it,but its nearly double the price of the arrowshark leg,for the same money i could buy the arrowshark leg and RCMK K30s

so thinking may go that route though i have got intouch with a couple of other outboard leg builders so gonna see what/if anything comes from them as iv had a brain wave LOL that could be quite interesting,hull and power wise :rolleyes:

my other option maybe run inboard with MHZ sterndrive :huh:

Eric

The arrowshark also has 1/4 flexi with 3/16 squared ends

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Eric,Darren and Wennie, The finish on the leg looks great! the brass stuffing tube has got a 90mm radius (not sure what angle the other makes use) there are two adjustment on the leg you can raise and lower the leg on the mounting bracket and you can trim the leg in and out as well.

Yes they do use a 1/4" flexi shaft and it is a 3/16' square on the end the same as on a normal flexi prop shaft.

The outboard leg has two versions with or without a clutch and there is not much to do to change from one to the other you remove the clutch bell and fit a collet on the motor shaft and then it's direct drive.

At the moment i am getting the radio box sorted out and have made up a tray for the fuel tank.

The price when i got mine was US $448.00 and they come with two flexi shafts.

If you go to their web site www.arrowshark.com and click on Owners Manual you can see what the leg looks like with all the parts and assembly instructions, i hope this might be of help to you all.

Kind regards,

Len.

Hi Eric,Darren and Wennie,

I just remembered you wanted to know the flexi shaft length they are 170mm long.

Regards,

Len.

Hi Eric,Darren and Wennie,

I sent Johnny an e-mail last night about the outboard legs and he has replied this morning , he said they have sold out of the legs and a new shipment will be ready in about one month if you want to find out anything else send Johnny an e-mail at [email protected] and he can help youi if you want to order one or he might be able to give you more info than i can at the moment. I will reply to any other topics that come up and help where i can and will let you know how it goes when i get it in the water.

Kind regards,

Len.

oooppps

been doing a bit of research both the Gmorty and the Lawless have 90mm radius bend these also break alot of shafts so id expect the AS to be the same

:(

On the gas legs they break right at the bend and I've learned that if you take the shaft out after every time you use it they will last longer. The flex shaft wants to keep a memorey if you dont take it out and you might only get a half a day out of it. Even after a days use there will still be a bend at the end of the day. The new one I have they are not keeping the memorey they are a little more flexable.

Hi All,

I have had an e-mail from Johnny at Arrow Shark and he has told me they have finished their Gear Drive Outboard leg and it will be released in 2-3 months he has sent me some pictures of it! i am not sure if you can put them on this Forum but if you would like to see them send me an e-mail to [email protected] and suppy your e-mail address and i will send you them he, did not say what the price was.

I had a look at their web site and the old version is still on it.

I have still got a little bit to do till i put the outboard tunnel in the water then i can let you know how their flexible cable one goes.

Kind regards,

Len.

Back