Gas Crackerbox at both IMPBA Nats & Gas Nats??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

Being a FE racer I really wanted to advance electric powered boats to the Internats level. In 06 I lobbied to have FE allowed to run in the open classes. I was rewarded by Bill and all involved when it was approved and I was the first guy ever to toss a FE boat in and race against my nitro and gas brothers. This one heat (although my boat sucked) was the biggest moment in my boating history.

Since that time my boats have got a bit faster and I've gained much respect for all of you who have invited me and made me feel welcomed at your events. In my book there is nothing better than all of us playing together on the same water at the same time.

That being said I thank the host club for continuing to offer Open classes at the Internats, what ever they may be. Sure, I'd love to see open cat on the schedule but it's not and that doesn't mean I wont have a killer time next year racing open mono and open sport hydro.

Now, if I could only convince someone to make the open classes US1...... :)

Paul.
Paul,

I have always enjoyed watching you run your boats with the others classes. And yes the open classes allow the differant classes to run together. But there is one thing that I have always believed and that is there no such thing as a nitro boater or a gas boater or even a FE boater we are all just model boaters.

Mark

Don,

You really need to learn to get over this. The host club gets to pick certain things. This is one of them. If you don't like the choices they have made then I recommend that you get the necessary people together and organize the next Nats. I am sure it will be the first perfect Nats ever. Till the time that you are willing to do something more substantial than complain, back off and get of the backs of a good group of guys that stepped up to the plate to host a race that no one else (Including you) was offering to do.

-Bob Nauss
Good point ..... it is after all Model Boat Racing , thats what it is and thats all it is !!

Don,

You really need to learn to get over this. The host club gets to pick certain things. This is one of them. If you don't like the choices they have made then I recommend that you get the necessary people together and organize the next Nats. I am sure it will be the first perfect Nats ever. Till the time that you are willing to do something more substantial than complain, back off and get of the backs of a good group of guys that stepped up to the plate to host a race that no one else (Including you) was offering to do.

-Bob Nauss
Good point ..... it is after all Model Boat Racing , thats what it is and thats all it is !!
Well Tom as the saying goes, you're a day late & a dollar short as things took a big turn for the best in the 25 posts after this one you picked out. Sometimes you need to do more than lead the horse to the water to get him to drink it. ;)

Some are content to sit on thier hands & just let things roll along, I'm not one of those people. If it takes pushing, poking & prodding to move us forward then so be it. In this instance we now have open classes at the Gas Nats, a first thanks to Brian & Dan and I bet those who race the open classes there will be talking about it long after it's over. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
for those who have never been a race c-d,for those who have never run a big race, you dont know what a challenge it is. you try to cover all bases, you have a budget ,sponsorhips, banquets,banquet sites, door prizes, hotels, site prep, tear downs, porta potties,what classes, how many can we get in,shirts to order advertisements , on and on. we have it down to how many heats we have to do an hour, and we have to make it happen, there is no well , we, will do it tomorrow, it has to be today! we probably spend say 30 minutes average a day from a little over a month ago thinking on this, making calls, e-mails , race flyers, and so on and this will go on untill summer to a degree, and we are 125 miles apart from 2 different clubs and the site is 40 miles from me and 100 miles from brian and oh yeh, we have to go to work also. brian and i also c-d two LARGE other races. oh yeh, we also might want to run our boats also, ...............................

we might miss something or not think of it all. most c-d's go thru this. all we have to think in the back of our minds, the whole world is watching. this has to be good.

and oh , for the electrics, do we need a fire boat on stand by or an electrician???(ha-ha) thats a pun.

thanks for the input.

dan

Don,

-Bob Nauss
Well Tom as the saying goes, you're a day late & a dollar short as things took a big turn for the best in the 25 posts after this one you picked out. Sometimes you need to do more than lead the horse to the water to get him to drink it. ;)

Some are content to sit on thier hands & just let things roll along, I'm not one of those people. If it takes pushing, poking & prodding to move us forward then so be it. In this instance we now have open classes at the Gas Nats, a first thanks to Brian & Dan and I bet those who race the open classes there will be talking about it long after it's over. B)
Point Taken , I read the rest after my post glad to see it went in a postive way ! Should be some interesting racing !

Back