Garcia O/B Pipes....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Robin, Keevan and Ron!

Ron: yep...Lee had the parts table setup...even gave us some of his own cable clamps and things + some good advice on things! Also, Ray Sametz is sending me something from the '93 Nats that he said I would get a kick out of...I'll let you know...
Ron, don't let the cat out the bag!!!!!!
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png
default_biggrin.png

Received the package...In it was a DVD full of race footage from the '93 NAMBA nats(watched it last night)!! Thank you Ray! Very thoughtful of you to send this to me!

I remember the kid in the wheelchair as a driver and also remember that funny looking roundish nosed mono (looked kinda like a banana to me)...The owner was a guy that came to the race all the way from Italy!! Also, I thought I saw Lee and Pilar in the hot pits...did not see Ron Shaw (1 lap around the island award winner) or Speas...

All outboard outriggers running in a race...how cool is that?!!!

Great race site for sure!!

Pretty cool to see 22 years later!!

At the end of the NAMBA race, there was also a bunch of race footage from what looked just like Greenbriar State Park...?

Much appreciation Ray!!
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Received the package...In it was a DVD full of race footage from the '93 NAMBA nats(watched it last night)!! Thank you Ray! Very thoughtful of you to send this to me!

I remember the kid in the wheelchair as a driver and also remember that funny looking roundish nosed mono (looked kinda like a banana to me)...The owner was a guy that came to the race all the way from Italy!! Also, I thought I saw Lee and Pilar in the hot pits...did not see Ron Shaw (1 lap around the island award winner) or Speas...

All outboard outriggers running in a race...how cool is that?!!!

Great race site for sure!!

Pretty cool to see 22 years later!!

At the end of the NAMBA race, there was also a bunch of race footage from what looked just like Greenbriar State Park...?

Much appreciation Ray!!
default_wink.png
I shot that video with one of those 20 lb shoulder VHS cams. Ron was wearing a red shirt crossing the hot pits in the first 15 min. How about Al Waters shaking his butt wearing the famous straw hat. Those Sundowner O/B riggers were fast BITD. It's too bad I didn't get more footage of the people. A shout out has to go to Doug Carter (METIME) for transferring all my old VHS's to DVD. PS yes that was Greenbrier, how bout that old school clock.
default_biggrin.png
You welcome.
default_cool.png

I guess I did see Ron...know him now but not in '93...Guess we all look a bit different after 20+ years...lol!

Love the old school clock at Greenbriar...lol! Was funny seeing all of the pink paddle boats up on the dock!

...I think I saw Jim Skelton at that race launching a boat (probably John's)...

Ray...you planning on going to any D.12 races this year....I know you said something about going to the Gas Nationals...??

I guess I did see Ron...know him now but not in '93...Guess we all look a bit different after 20+ years...lol!

Love the old school clock at Greenbriar...lol! Was funny seeing all of the pink paddle boats up on the dock!

Ray...you planning on going to any D.12 races this year....I know you said something about going to the Gas Nationals...??
Bob Morton and I plan on going to Fort Richie in April. PS Think I have another DVD from Greenbrier, I'll look.

Cool and cool!

Another thing I noticed watching the Bristol '93 Nats Vid...I guess nobody really had the EZ up canopies back then like we do now...

And where were all of the FE boats...lol..J/K! ; )

That was nice of Ray to share that video with us. Brings back a lot of great memories for sure.

I was wondering if you got a copy Ron...cool, glad you got to see it!

Also, yes...I agree about Ray's generosity in sharing this with us!! ; ) Thanks again Ray!!

There's more than one Garcia / XXL collector. Need to get back to running these. For fun that is..

Not in the pic is another .21 XXL and .65 ob pipe.

Robin do you think that be a good pipe for a nova rossi, also i have a Irwin Torque pipe will that work real well

Robert, I have never owned or ran a N/R.....CMB or K&B, I could offer a suggestion. Talk to some of those fast N/R racers down there. I have never tried either of my Garcia pipes on my CMB's, so no help there, either.

Mark, helluva collection you have there (-;

Not all of 'em, Jim. One is still complete on a modded K&B I got from you, haven't run that one in a while. I did just pick up a TS3, specifically to run some of these old treasures. I have one of Grim's US1 winning K&B powerheads to bolt on it, that he ran a small Garcia pipe on.

Back