Garcia O/B Pipes....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOTWATER

How much are Lee Garcia (Garcia mini marine) 3.5 O/B pipes worth? Have one with a Gardner XXL Exhaust Throttle? Idea on both or each pricewise?

Thank you for looking!

-Kent

Last edited by a moderator:
Robin...I would say it is the small volume pipe...same exact size he used on his SAW 20 boats...kicked AZz on the back of my Prather Spitfire I!!!

Wow 123 views and nobody other than Robin knows anything? Lee quit making these in the late 90's I believe. Bought the pipe and exhaust throttle from him at the 93 Namba Nats in Bristol, PA..... (Ron Shaw remembers that venue...)

I wouldn't trade mine for any other o/b pipe. Got two of them and they seem to run best with only with the K&B o/bs.

Tried them on OS o/b but the pipes seem to prefer K&Bs. High rev pipes!

That is the small version Kent, I have 1 of each. The small one is excellent on k&b's, as Kent & Kevin say. The larger volume one is good on today's engines, but not as good as say an Irwin stamped pipe or a cooper, IMHO.

Guessing it might be worth $60-$70....?

I wouldn't trade mine for any other o/b pipe. Got two of them and they seem to run best with only with the K&B o/bs.

Tried them on OS o/b but the pipes seem to prefer K&Bs. High rev pipes!
Yes...High revs is right Keevan! Are you running an exhaust throttle with the Garcia pipes or carb/header?

That is the small version Kent, I have 1 of each. The small one is excellent on k&b's, as Kent & Kevin say. The larger volume one is good on today's engines, but not as good as say an Irwin stamped pipe or a cooper, IMHO.

Guessing it might be worth $60-$70....?
Hey Robin..thanks. same question to you...did you run a carby/ header or exhaust throttle with the Garcia pipe?

They are easier to find than a cooper, IMHO. They work very well on a k&b, just good on most others.....nothing "wrong" with Garcia pipes, just not as flexible as an irwin or a cooper. Too single purpose to command gazillions 'o dollars. For their intended place on a 3.5 k&b mod engine, they may very well be the best choice! Rivaled only by an Equii "S" pipe.

I ran them both ways. Header & gold carb or geraghty modded black carb. Prather mod kit with no venturi, fr. housing modded to be the venturi & ex. throttle.

Wow 123 views and nobody other than Robin knows anything? Lee quit making these in the late 90's I believe. Bought the pipe and exhaust throttle from him at the 93 Namba Nats in Bristol, PA..... (Ron Shaw remembers that venue...)
Yes. That was a great race. Lee had his usual table full of stuff for sale. As a collectors item it should be worth at least $85...
default_smile.png

Thanks Robin, Keevan and Ron!

Ron: yep...Lee had the parts table setup...even gave us some of his own cable clamps and things + some good advice on things! Also, Ray Sametz is sending me something from the '93 Nats that he said I would get a kick out of...I'll let you know...

Ron: yep...Lee had the parts table setup...even gave us some of his own cable clamps and things + some good advice on things! Also, Ray Sametz is sending me something from the '93 Nats that he said I would get a kick out of...I'll let you know...
Ron, don't let the cat out the bag!!!!!!
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png

Ron, don't let the cat out the bag!!!!!!
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png
Ray...Ron knows?!...now you're killin' me!! All good! ; )

Back