Future IMPBA Gas Scale rules

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harvknox

Mike,I saw your post # 13 under "Gas Scale Rear Wing" about future IMPBA Gas Scale rules.You mention mirroring NAMBA rules.There may be other minor differences between IMPBA and NAMBA,but a major difference is the drive dog location requirement.NAMBA calls for the location to be not more than a drive dog length rear of the transom.IMPBA specifies that the drive dog not extend beyond the transom unless the prototype does,and photo documention may be requested for proof by the CD or Scale Director.

I believe we should go with the IMPBA direction on this item.These boats are big and heavy,and if the modeler selects a hull that has this prototype feature,he should be allowed to incorporate it in his model for both scale appearence and to improve performance.

hey harv you moved your strut to duplicate full size bud, i thought everyone thought thats they way it should be..............

hey harv you moved your strut to duplicate full size bud, i thought everyone thought thats they way it should be..............

Jeff,you are right,my T-6 strut copies the real boat.If IMPBA adopts NAMBA rules,it would not be legal.

I agree, the full size boats set up the strut this way for a reason. I think NAMBA needs to adopt the same rule that the drive dog can be set the same as the real boat with photo proof. If you look at the previous generation hull design I believe the strut position is about the same as the modern hull design, it's just the transom on a modern hull has been moved farther forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking at and working on these rules for IMPBA, hope to have something together very soon to submit. One thing is for certain is that I'm going to push hard for mirroring much of the current IMPBA 1/8th scale rules to keep things consistent and correct. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
14. Outdrive units are specifically prohibited and the forward most part of the stock propeller hub

shall not lie behind the transom plane.

From the PNWTA rule book.

Thanks Don for stepping up and putting together an IMPBA Gas Scale proposal. It looks great. Nice work my friend.

Back