Futaba receiver antennas getting hot?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The most important factor with DSM is to have the coax a minimum of 2” from any electrical conductor. Preferably 2” up above any on our boats due to the unique affect water has on the signal. Also something seldom mentioned is that DSM is considered a “line of sight” signal. Meaning it can be affected by anything that blocks or shields that line of sight.

The most important factor with DSM is to have the coax a minimum of 2” from any electrical conductor. Preferably 2” up above any on our boats due to the unique affect water has on the signal. Also something seldom mentioned is that DSM is considered a “line of sight” signal. Meaning it can be affected by anything that blocks or shields that line of sight.
I put the Rx antenna on rt side of boat so pipe isn't blocking any of antenna on back stretch. Don't really know if it helps.
Only once did I lose radio contact with R304SB (4PV T-FHSS) on hydro with 5"-6" mast....actually, it was more of a glitching than signal loss....voltage good, so not a brownout. Go figure.

Terri, does this explain that section on the course we dubbed “The Bermuda Triangle” last Saturday at Thread Lake?
Brian Neumann

I put the Rx antenna on rt side of boat so pipe isn't blocking any of antenna on back stretch. Don't really know if it helps.
Only once did I lose radio contact with R304SB (4PV T-FHSS) on hydro with 5"-6" mast....actually, it was more of a glitching than signal loss....voltage good, so not a brownout. Go figure.
I’ve seen that a couple of times and each time it ended up being a switch or wiring issue. Not one of my boats. It was intermittent each time and eventually a loss of control but the radio didn’t go into fail safe even though it was set. That was a major clue.

I was wondering if there is a reception issue out there after my boat shutdown twice in the same spot? Didn’t mention it since we use different radio brands. I’m glad you guys got it figured out!
Brian Neumann

I was wondering if there is a reception issue out there after my boat shutdown twice in the same spot? Didn’t mention it since we use different radio brands. I’m glad you guys got it figured out!
Brian Neumann
I don’t think there was an interference issue my old radio with the FAST receiver was rock solid and has Been for years. I was really caught off guard when my new radio fail safed on me

Back