futaba radio question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonclan

I am curious what's the difference between these receivers??

the R603FS

and the R603FF

both 2.4

is one better than the other on the water??

The 603FS has two antennas, one internal and one external. The 603FF only has one. The 603FS is in theory better....

Thanks!////////////////////////////

I did a little digging on the futaba site and found the same....

Alot of people are running these, has the "theory" been proven to be true??

Anyone have any first hand experience comparing these?////////////////////////////////////////////

Allot of people run the FF, but I run the FS for extra security. Run the FF and put the antenna out of the radio box and you would surely be safe and save some money.

Allot of people run the FF, but I run the FS for extra security. Run the FF and put the antenna out of the radio box and you would surely be safe and save some money.

You run the FS with the dual ant.

do you run the one outside the box and up? not too sure I'm ready to keep it all in the box.....

Thanks!

You run the FS with the dual ant.

do you run the one outside the box and up? not too sure I'm ready to keep it all in the box.....

Thanks!
Yup, I run the FS with the external antenna 2-3 inches up and outside of the radio box just to be safe.

I can tell you Futaba says run it out but all ivs seen including my sons work fine in the box. Putting it in a twin,scale or 70 mph + boat id opt for the added ant length of the aftermarket ant.

Back